• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Briony

International Debutant
This pitch is flat as a tack, wouldn't surprise me too much if the Africans got away with a draw, although a draw would probably mean a win for them. It would give them massive momentum going into the 3rd test and with new guy(s) coming in, it'd be a great chance for them to level the series and retain the trophy.
That's extreme pessimism.:dry:

That's almost out of control.

inbox24

International Debutant
Haha, fail. Australia will win in a canter.
You can't just write them off like that, they still have a really flat pitch to bat on with 9 wickets remaining including Duminy. This innings will be the true test for Johnson, to see if he can grab some against desperate, resolute, stonewalling batting in unhelpful conditions.

irfan

State Captain
Seen his wife? No wonder he looks tired.
Genuine :laugh:there.

Australia to win by in excess of 200 runs here. Defensive mindset (no chance of getting the target) combined with tight bowling will result in wickets falling at a slow if not steady rate. No Smith is a massive loss as well, he's the one guy who's renowned for big scores in the fourth innings.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
You can't just write them off like that, they still have a really flat pitch to bat on with 9 wickets remaining including Duminy. This innings will be the true test for Johnson, to see if he can grab some against desperate, resolute, stonewalling batting in unhelpful conditions.
You've made the same call before, during and after every day of this tour so far. Coming from you, it holds no water.

inbox24

International Debutant
Can anyone tell me what happened to Jaques Rudoph?

Has he lost form, got injured or defected to England?
I think he's playing County cricket permanently. Don't think the South Africans will miss him that much, they've got enough of those middle of the road 40ish average middle order batsmen. Duminy's emergence was probably the final nail in the coffin. Plus they've still got Prince in the wings.

inbox24

International Debutant
?

It's called being realistic.

And for the record, I didn't say they'd draw for sure, I said I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Can someone prod McKenzie and put him back to sleep - he's ****ing up McDonald's <22 bowling average!