• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Polo23

International Debutant
Guppy (and possibly a few others) faced him on the 'A' tour and handled him quite well.
Not to mention Ross Taylor has faced him multiple times with good success. Pretty sure Broom has had success against him on A tours also.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Oram >>>>> Elliot in theory

BUT...

Oram only seems to play well when we either lose, or have no hope in hell of winning. Elliot has won more one day games for NZ than Oram has. And Elliot's ODI stats >>>>> Oram's ODI stats.

Polo23

International Debutant
Oh Oram is definitely the better cricketer, but at the moment, i'd prefer to have Elliott in my team.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Oh Oram is definitely the better cricketer, but at the moment, i'd prefer to have Elliott in my team.
I wouldn't, but I would like to have them both in the side, with Elliot playing the match closing Harris to Oram's big hitting Cairns.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
You are all kidding yourselves

Oram>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Elliott

Im liking the confidence of our Englishman - "We've got five or six real international match winners and if they perform and we all stand up and be counted I expect to win over there."

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At least Elliott doesn't have the most fragile fingers on the international scene since Nasser Hussain. Every time the ball goes to Oram, I worry that he'll break another.

Athlai

Not Terrible
At least Elliott doesn't have the most fragile fingers on the international scene since Nasser Hussain. Every time the ball goes to Oram, I worry that he'll break another.
Jacob 'Glassman' Oram

But to be fair while we complain, it won't bother anyone more than Oram.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
Does anyone know if the PMXI vs NZ match is being televised bacause it was last year but I cant see that it is this year.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah I can't wait for Elliott to start failing and everyone to jump on the hate bandwagon.
That will never happen.

Really, when listening to Patel being rated despite having about three good games and lots of so so or bad ones you can't complain at the highly underrated Elliott being in the side. :p

Athlai

Not Terrible
That will never happen.

Really, when listening to Patel being rated despite having about three good games and lots of so so or bad ones you can't complain at the highly underrated Elliott being in the side. :p
Nar everyone knows Patel is just a guy who is always in the team as the countries second best spinner and a more than handy fielder.

Elliott has had a few good games but is getting severely overrated IMO. Sure he could average under 35 with the ball and over 25 with the bat and be moderately handy but to compare him to Oram is madness.