• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official - Sri Lanka in Bangladesh***

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Rangana Herath is named in the test squad. And he celebrated it with 6/56 with the ball and 55 with the bat. And Matthews' last innings 140. He's making some snior batsmem to be in the team as passengers.

Precambrian

Banned
Rangana Herath is named in the test squad. And he celebrated it with 6/56 with the ball and 55 with the bat. And Matthews' last innings 140. He's making some snior batsmem to be in the team as passengers.
Mathews is an exciting prospect. Dunno much about Herath. Is he the third best spinner in Lanka after Murali and Mendis?

Precambrian

Banned
yes he is. he's the first sri lnkan bowler to use the iverson grip to bowl a delivery that spin in to a right hander (he is SLA).
Excellent. So after Murali, you have Herath who is a sla and brings to the table better batting skills. SL's bowling future is solid, atleast in the subcontinent. They just need to get a replacement for Vaas who can bowl at 140-145 consistently and they could be world beaters.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Excellent. So after Murali, you have Herath who is a sla and brings to the table better batting skills. SL's bowling future is solid, atleast in the subcontinent. They just need to get a replacement for Vaas who can bowl at 140-145 consistently and they could be world beaters.
I can't see Herath lasting much longer after Murali has retired and I expect us to play three seamers even in the sub continent unless we have a lot of injuries or the pitch is a rank turner.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
They'll need to fix their batting first.
Paranavithana, Silva and Mathews will fix up the Test batting line up. As much as I really love Kapu, I just don't see him making it as Test batsmen with his technique. Silva, Dilshan and Prassana will always be just servicable.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
It might have been joked about earlier in the thread, but there is the real possibility of serious civil unrest around the elections. It's taken most of the year to agree to a set of dates and conditions and tension has been boiling under for a while now.

cricman

International 12th Man
It might have been joked about earlier in the thread, but there is the real possibility of serious civil unrest around the elections. It's taken most of the year to agree to a set of dates and conditions and tension has been boiling under for a while now.
Worst case Scenario,one of the leaders gets a Shoe throw at them :ph34r:

I doubt anything serious is going to happen

The players should watch out if they pull another 67ao ... the public is getting very frustrated with them. I do think they'll play much better Cricket this time it's kinda hard to match the ineptitude of the Away Lanka Tour.

We did pretty well when they toured in 2006 (Granted that was a different team)

Last edited:

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Something along the lines of an election I seem to remember hearing about.

Could be wrong though

kanchi.kg

Cricket Spectator
What a series this will be

Why on earth does Lanka always play Bangladesh & Zimbabwe???? They just finished a odi series against Zim which no one really gave a crap about. They wonder why younger players never improve. Either the FTP is absolute bullS* or the SLBC/sports ministry (which ever board is running the game) has no flippin idea. The sad thing is, if it keeps going like this we won't get to see much of Mendis running riot against decent opposition.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Exactly. Many doesn't enjoy plaing both Murali and Mendis in the same team. They may be waiting till Murali retires in about year and a halfs time!