• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
you know Flynn's in form when that French cut starts working. Good stuff. Really hope he goes on today

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
on ya flynny, please dont choke at your 50 now. How good was that cut shot in the last over, he really has played some glorious strokes.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
good session for our boys. Flynn has looked gradually better and better over his short career so far. McIntosh has struggled but he's still there. dont suspect McIntosh will succeed long term in international cricket though.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah good session for NZ, it needs to be taken in context though and the West Indies look like a poor outfit early doors.. I don't think Lionel Baker is going to be taking 500 test wickets.. Flynn looks very good though

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Could you imagine if two of our players tonned up in this innings? That would be amazing.
With Taylor, Ryder, Franklin, Oram to come, I'd be surprised if none of those cashed in tons for the first time from a solid start. Our beefy middle order hasn't yet batted. :)

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Could you imagine if two of our players tonned up in this innings? That would be amazing.
I'd like to know when was the last time we managed that. The only one I can think of is that test against SA back in 2006, when Fleming got 270 and Franklin made 120, and even that was on an absolute road.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
With Taylor, Ryder, Franklin, Oram to come, I'd be surprised if none of those cashed in tons for the first time from a solid start. Our beefy middle order hasn't yet batted. :)
I wouldn't be. Oh and Oram isn't playing.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Taylor - gun
Ryder - beefy and talented
Franklin - in form
Oram - out. :ph34r:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kudos to McIntosh for surviving that first hour, Taylor was superb in that first spell so it was pretty tough going. Some of his shot selection was far from convincing, but I think it's been a solid start for him.

Flynn's been great on the whole, we've found our number 3 IMO.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think Lionel Baker is going to be taking 500 test wickets.
Indeed, looks rather pedestrian. Really impressed by Taylor though, hadn't been able to see him bowl since their last tour here and his improvement since has been sensational. Is it even the same guy?