• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Athlai

Not Terrible
He's got to stop the bad balls in between though, he's like th NZ batsmen in some respects. Can be glorious but gives it away most of the time.
Will do better as the tour goes on, that is an Athlai guarantee. Powell though will only get worse unless he picks up regular wickets, guy is incredibly hot and cold.

Flem274*

123/5
Flynn >>>>>>>> than your average CD flat track basher.
:p
Jealousy.

And no, because at least our flat track bashers can get past 50 often.

Also we're not flat track bashers, otherwise we wouldn't be how many points ahead of Wellington again? :p

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Good to see that Sky have Hot Spot now by the way, it and Hawkeye are really the only useful bits of technology IMO.
When the new appeal the (lack of) decision system takes effect, is the umpire upstairs allowed to use the hotspots?

Polo23

International Debutant
1. Can Flynn finally get that test 50?

2. Will we see our usual batting collapse after the lunch break?

3. Is McIntosh the ugliest (in terms of batting) batsman to ever play test cricket?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Bahnz is always miserbale. I'm sure he's a closet fanboy optimist.
Bah! I learnt to restrain such weak emotions roughly around the time that we were mauled 2-0 by the aussies in 1993/94. With the exception of the 1999 team, I haven't been optimistic about the side for a very long time.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Jealousy.

And no, because at least our flat track bashers can get past 50 often.

Also we're not flat track bashers, otherwise we wouldn't be how many points ahead of Wellington again? :p
Only because we had to hold out to a draw! We're destroying CD on points differential though, Wellington may struggle a bit against CD if all our players continue to get poached.

Flem274*

123/5
It's odd to think that at such an early stage in his career Taylor already has a very very big chance to surpass Flemings hundred tally with relative ease.
No, no. When I use my Richardness I turn all those 80s and 90s into 100s and calculate that Fleming actualy scored 20 test hundred. Yup, tis true.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
No, no. When I use my Richardness I turn all those 80s and 90s into 100s and calculate that Fleming actualy scored 20 test hundred. Yup, tis true.
In all fairness that's not such a bad point. Fleming must have made it to the 90's at least as many times as he got over the line.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
You just wait...
....being the operative word when he comes out to bat. I refrained from saying anything about Flynn until he gets past 50. Otherwise, imagine the psychological damage it'll do to his head. Head being another operative word.

Athlai

Not Terrible
1. Can Flynn finally get that test 50?

2. Will we see our usual batting collapse after the lunch break?

3. Is McIntosh the ugliest (in terms of batting) batsman to ever play test cricket?
1. Hopefully

2. Hopefully not

3. hmm... Redmond... Bell... We tend to have some ugly openers.

Flem274*

123/5
Only because we had to hold out to a draw! We're destroying CD on points differential though, Wellington may struggle a bit against CD if all our players continue to get poached.
Get better then. :p

If we can bowl sides out at Napier like we are now then we should go OK because according to Bahnz the domestic Napier is a 100000000000000 run track.

Bet we'll get all your decent batsmen and some bastard like Bowden will bat for the draw.

Wish Wellington had their recent internationals though, make it a true top of the table clash.

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
It's odd to think that at such an early stage in his career Taylor already has a very very big chance to surpass Flemings hundred tally with relative ease.
This comment got me curious so I thought Id have a look at Flemings conversion rate

Out in the:

100+-9
90- 6
80- 5
70- 7
60- 15! (Including 6 66s:unsure: )
50- 13

Not sure what that has to do with anything, but have some random information:happy:

Flynn to get out on 49

Athlai

Not Terrible
Get better then. :p

If we can bowl sides out at Napier like we are now then we should go OK because according to Bahnz the domestic Napier is a 100000000000000 run track.

Bet we'll get all your decent batsmen and some bastard like Bowden will bat for the draw.

Wish Wellington had their recent internationals though, make it a true top of the table clash.
Get a bowling attack and then I'll worry. Such a heavy reliance on Thompson, Firebirds to tonk him IMO.

Flem274*

123/5
You just wait...
Its gonna be a good day when Bowden gets smashed around the Basin or Napier or wherever. :p

Patton, Ingram, Sinclair and hopefully your best mate Hay will score more runs in their careers than any Wellington domestic player bar Fleming (if Ryder does I have a back up plan, guess where he came from originally?) ever will.

In saying that if Diamanti plays (which he shouldnt ) I hope Woodcock or some nobody sends him out of the park.