• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

krkode

State Captain
:)

I think the best thing about him is he seems to be invisible.. That is how the players like it, I guess. He doesn't go running around in the media telling what he thinks of player X or player Y... I think the Indian players seem to prefer a coach who will be like a friend, helping them out in the background and even if he has problems with them, he will only tell that in private.. That kind of an approach seems to be a hit with our players.. First John Wright and now Gary Kirsten.

Also, it seems only left handed openers who seemed to achieve more than their talent indicated make the best coaches for India... :ph34r:
Good point. Partly why Greg Chappel and Kapil Dev who are much more "high profile" players than Wright, Kirsten or Gaekwad ended up doing much worse over all for the Indian team during their time as coach.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Good point. Partly why Greg Chappel and Kapil Dev who are much more "high profile" players than Wright, Kirsten or Gaekwad ended up doing much worse over all for the Indian team during their time as coach.
I say Lalit Modi terminates Greg Chappell's contract at the Cricket Academy so that he can join Australia's coaching staff on a long term basis. India mustn't be so selfish. Let Australia benefit from his processes too :ph34r:

In related news, the Rajasthan Ranji team have fired their coach, Ian Frazer (Chappell's Mini me) after just two games this season. Apparently the Rajasthan players walked into Lalit Modi's office and gave him an ultimatum - either he goes or they leave. In their own words "Frazer has absolutely no understanding of match situations".

Precambrian

Banned
I say Lalit Modi terminates Greg Chappell's contract at the Cricket Academy so that he can join Australia's coaching staff on a long term basis. India mustn't be so selfish. Let Australia benefit from his processes too :ph34r:

In related news, the Rajasthan Ranji team have fired their coach, Ian Frazer (Chappell's Mini me) after just two games this season. Apparently the Rajasthan players walked into Lalit Modi's office and gave him an ultimatum - either he goes or they leave. In their own words "Frazer has absolutely no understanding of match situations".
Wasnt Greg Chappell part of the Australian coaching team last series? Showed his touch anyway. :ph34r:

R_D

International Debutant

Greg's left that post a while ago... he's head of some cricket academy in aus.. not sure which one.

Precambrian

Banned
"India is a superpower now; it is a hundred years ahead of Australia, which is no more than a village, as compared to India. You don't blame sight screens for poor over-rates."

Irked by Matthew Hayden's comments about India, Wasim Akram lets loose.

:laugh: The last thing I expected out of a Pakistani's mouth!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"India is a superpower now; it is a hundred years ahead of Australia, which is no more than a village, as compared to India. You don't blame sight screens for poor over-rates."

Cant believe that you didnt expect crap to come out of Akram's mouth

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'll never know why anyone pays the least bit of attention to what sports players say. Most of them make Sarah Palin look like an intellectual.

jondavluc

State Regular
Who cares wasim is reknowed for being angry son of a anyways. I reckon he would of being the first man to get angry when a side screen was holding him up.

masterblaster

International Captain

That comment is just as irresponsible as Hayden's. It never ceases to amaze me how childish cricketers can be. In order to get a quick sound clip they are willing to say some of the stupidest things.

As an Indian Australian I take offence to both Matthew Hayden's and Wasim Akram's comments. India is not a third world country, but an emerging world economy which will have a large part to play. Australia is no village and compared to India is light years ahead in terms of infrastructure, facilities and life style. I wouldn't want to live in any other country.

Stupid comments from bonehead cricketers.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Both Wasim and Matt are way off. Talk cricket for gossake
"Geind khelna na aaye, to parde mein chhedh" :laugh:

[ "Can't bowl, there must be a hole in the (sight) screen".
A reference to a very popular Hindi phrase used to call out ridiculous
excuses, which goes "Nachna na aaye, to angiyan tedh", or
"Can't dance, the ground must not be flat" ]

Hayden commenting on India's geopolitical circumstances is to be
discounted, he doesnt have the intellect for it. But his remark on the
sightscreen is well within his ken, and so richly deserving of our contempt.

jondavluc

State Regular
I think there is some people who are overeacting about Hados's comments personeally He was just stating the fact the the side boards were a problem.Also yes India can be considered a third world country third world countries are discribed as proverty burden countries which india is filled with.

Oh and haydos is alot smarter than what you are all making him out to be.Even roy is not as stupid as people think.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
As 7 year old, I didn't understand the need or relevance of negative numbers. Would have made it a lot easier on me then if Hayden had been around then confusing his mouth for his anus, because I suddenly find their usefulness as a perfect placeholder for my respect for him.

jondavluc

State Regular
As 7 year old, I didn't understand the need or relevance of negative numbers. Would have made it a lot easier on me then if Hayden had been around then confusing his mouth for his anus, because I suddenly find their usefulness as a perfect placeholder for my respect for him.
Yeah I'm sure that You a poster on the Cricketweb.net forums will bring a great deal of sadness to haydos.

Last edited: