• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The avatar challenge

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Need more from Watto! He averages 42 so far, annoyingly since he's bowled about as well as i thought he would but it's not coming off.

It looks like ret will have two weeks of avatar from me anyway...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It'll take a performance from Dravid like the one Clarke's just produced to turn this around.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I would say "it's worth an avatar bet". :laugh: But I'd imagine those who fancy tributing Kumble (which numbers quite a few) might want to do it for more than a few days.

99*

International Debutant
Brendon McCullum to score more then Brad Haddin in the two NZ v AUS test matches.

Any takers?

(Well aware the matches do not start for ages, but want to get this done early.)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If selected, Krejza to not take a single pole of anyone batting higher than 7. For the series. Avatar for a month. Any takers?
I'll take you on. :ph34r:
Wellllllllll, there's ITSTL. Krejza may have been smashed, but somehow he's got 3 top-order wickets already. :wacko:

BTW Corey, not that it's relevant here, but you should've said "unless they've been promoted as nightwatchman".

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Wellllllllll, there's ITSTL. Krejza may have been smashed, but somehow he's got 3 top-order wickets already. :wacko:

BTW Corey, not that it's relevant here, but you should've said "unless they've been promoted as nightwatchman".
Krejza is :cool:

biased indian

International Coach

there goes the ard life

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Brendon McCullum to score more then Brad Haddin in the two NZ v AUS test matches.

Any takers?

(Well aware the matches do not start for ages, but want to get this done early.)
I'd like to get that George Bush photo out of your avatar, but I have a feeling McCullum will bat at least an extra innings than Haddin in the series so I'll pass on the challenge. :happy:

Uppercut

Shane Watson to average under 35 with the ball in India. (Most seem to think he throws pies). Anyone on for a challenge?
will take it but he has to bowl minimum 40 overs in series(avg 10 per test)
2 weeks then
Well Watto came good in the end, finishing with a series bowling average of 32. Unfortunately, unless Oz pull one out of the bag tomorrow i'll have to give an avatar to ret on India's series victory.

Now i just have to think of something for biased indian :happy:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sheesh, Watson took 3 for not-many in Australia's first bowl of the series and 4 for not-many in the eighth... in the meantime taking 3 for plenty. Someone got a bit lucky. :p

Uppercut

Sheesh, Watson took 3 for not-many in Australia's first bowl of the series and 4 for not-many in the eighth... in the meantime taking 3 for plenty. Someone got a bit lucky. :p
In the end, yes, but given how he bowled throughout the series i think an average of 32 is a fair reflection. He was as good as any Australian.

Uppercut

Maybe, but that's not saying much.

For most of the series he averaged 80-odd.
Still bowled well though, luckless on the flattest pitches since time began. 32 is definitely fair. I made the bet because i thought Watson's bowling a lot better than most of the forum did, and i think he did enough to justify that.