• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1 Thread

99*

International Debutant
Webber must be the unluckiest guy on the planet.
No. He just can't drive to win. And I have no idea why people are going off at Lewis for touching Webber, Webber was in the wrong place and lost control of the car, you can see his car move into Lewis'.

Also Vettel looks the good in the wet stuff, much more so than Lewis (who I've noticed is only good on the drying track).

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't watch the race, how is it possible that Vettel won legit?? Must have been a hell of a drive.
It was wet, Vettel drove away from them at the start, and never really had any pressure (in terms of people being close to him) on him throughout the race. Hamilton/Raikkonen screwed up in qualifying, whilst Massa & Kovalienen were more than close enough, but to ****ty to do anything about it.

Hamilton's a gun btw, the other drivers are jealous afaic.

Rickripper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hamilton is quick, yeah, but he's thick as ****. I mean, he burned out his tyres in 3 or 4 laps, if he'd have done the sensible thing and just controlled his pace, he'd have gone away from Monza with an even greater lead in the WDC.

Scaly piscine

Massa's driving away with the fuel hose was so friggin hilarious. Then him stopping just at the end of the pit lane and all the Ferrari pit crew having to run hundreds of yards past the other teams to remove the hose - then it took 3-4 of them to pull it out.

Looks like Hamilton is going to extend is lead by 6 points or thereabouts.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was hilarious. Apparently the McClaren guys were sledging the Ferrari guys as they ran down. Great stuff, and people say F1 is boring

Matteh

Raikkonen binning it in the wall was strangely predictable. **** me he's awful.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
LOL, I genuinenly thought to myself about twenty seconds before he crashed, "I bet he doesn't finish." Admittedly it was a spin that I foresaw, but still, impressed with myself (Y)

Johnners

First time in quite a while I've seen someone given a drive-through for the usual first corner argy-bargy. Not at all an attempt to further make the championship closer....

99*

International Debutant
Only an hour or so to go before the final race starts, Hamilton looks like he's going for the safe method, starting from fourth with his team-mate behind him. Massa of course on pole :dry: with Kimi in third. I would not be surprised to see Kimi hold back a little to try force Hamilton into a mistake.

So long as Hamilton keeps his pace up he should have no problems, the only thing that could go wrong is Heikki ****ing up and letting the Spanish **** in, who I think will remove Hamilton no matter what.

Here's to a Hamilton 5th or better! (Or Heikki actually doing what I've wanted and crash into Massa :ph34r: )

ozone

First Class Debutant
Only an hour or so to go before the final race starts, Hamilton looks like he's going for the safe method, starting from fourth with his team-mate behind him. Massa of course on pole :dry: with Kimi in third. I would not be surprised to see Kimi hold back a little to try force Hamilton into a mistake.

So long as Hamilton keeps his pace up he should have no problems, the only thing that could go wrong is Heikki ****ing up and letting the Spanish **** in, who I think will remove Hamilton no matter what.

Here's to a Hamilton 5th or better! (Or Heikki actually doing what I've wanted and crash into Massa :ph34r: )
Lot of talk about Alonso sabotaging Hamiltons race in some way. Personally, I think its a bit over the top, but with him starting directly behind Hamilton, I reckon he'll get ahead of Hamilton at the first corner.

99*

International Debutant
Lot of talk about Alonso sabotaging Hamiltons race in some way. Personally, I think its a bit over the top, but with him starting directly behind Hamilton, I reckon he'll get ahead of Hamilton at the first corner.
I don't know, he did say he'd do anything to help Massa win the title. All I want is Hamilton to stay out of trouble and to stay away from Kimi and Fernando the whole race. Heikki either gets himself between Hamilton and one of those two, or 'pressures' Massa out of the race.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Heikki needs to get a good start and get between Hamilton and Alonso before the first corner. I reckon Trulli could be the key actually. If Kimi gets ahead of him at the first (as I would expect him to), he'll slow up Hamilton quite a bit in the early stages (the number of times this season where a train of cars has formed behind Trulli indicates that it will most probably happen again). If Hamilton can get past him early without losing his head, he can cruise around in third, depending on Heikki to keep Alonso back for long enough to give Hamilton some clear air. If he doesn't however, its gonna be more interesting as Alonso and Hamilton are likely to be closer together on the track.

Also, apparently theres a 50% chance of rain, although the chances are decreasing.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hahah, torrential rainstorm. Love it.

Make them race on slicks in the pissing rain! That's the only reason anyone watches F1!

social

Hahah, torrential rainstorm. Love it.

Make them race on slicks in the pissing rain! That's the only reason anyone watches F1!
Agreed - Formula 1 must deliver the least excitement per buck spent of any sport in history and why anyone would choose to watch it over any other motorsport is anyone's guess

I'm only watching it tonight to see whether Hamilton has another brain explosion but it's just the usual dull procession

At least the women who get along are a pretty good look so forget the cars and get back on the crowd

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
****ting it down again. Awesome.

Whole season on the throw of the weather dice.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Expected the filter to do its job!

Now it's not raining any more and everyone is on Inters. Hamilton has three laps to hold off Vettel for the Championship.

Actually struggling to care whether Hamilton wins this... or NOT!!!

And now it's raining hard again. Comedy F1!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
This is hilarious. Ferrari celebrating prematurely as Glock runs out of dry tire on the final corner. I don't even think Lewis knows he's World Champion.