• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post season let off steam friendlies?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm at work tonight, but after that don't plan to be on until Sunday night. so will pick a few teams early.

Virgins XI vs Captains
1 M Corrin [10]
2 S Young [9]
3 T Bochat [wk]
4 BC Donald [7]
5 BS Read [8]
6 HT Davis [6]
7 MU Amir [5]
8 RF Bowen [4]
9 ZR Ritchie [2]
10 EAP McNamara [3]
11 JJD Heads [1]

8 overs max per spell, 2 overs min for all bowlers per spell.

Virgins XI vs Internationals [done like Goughy, using a randomiser]
1 HT Davis
2 BS Read
3 BC Donald [wk]
4 RF Bowen
5 M Corrin
6 ZR Ritchie [6]
7 T Bochat [5]
8 JJD Heads [2]
9 MU Amir [4]
10 S Young [3]
11 EAP McNamara [1]
Bowler 6 to come on if someone is getting smashed, i.e 6 an over, i.e S Young :P

Virgins XI vs Newbies [worked out who hasn't had much of a bowl/bat and picked them]
1 JJD Heads
2 MU Amir
3 ZR Ritchie
4 EAP McNamara
5 S Young
6 RF Bowen [wk]
7 T Bochat [5]
8 M Corrin [4]
9 BS Read [3]
10 BC Donald [2]
11 HT Davis [1]

Virgins XI vs Geezers
1 RF Bowen - aggressive, look for singles on 6th ball of over.
2 T Bochat
3 S Young
4 M Corrin - [wk]
5 BC Donald - [4]
6 ZR Ritchie - To bowl left arm around the wicket. [6]
7 JJD Heads - To bowl short whenever possible. [5]
8 BS Read - seam at the start, spin at the end [3]
9 HT Davis - [7]
10 EAP McNamara - [2]
11 MU Amir - [1]
I thought they were OD too, all good no need to change though. Have made very minor changes in the edit, please use the above.

Majin

International Debutant
Geezers XI vs nubs

JR Gray
S Popat
RGEWS Cribb
AAA Cameron
M Reddlapalli (wk)
RD Dunn
DK Rai (5)
ZE Gelman (3)
TV Weber (4)
MJ Smith (2)
GN Nayak (1)

Reserves: Dunn, Cribb

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
CricketWeb Charity Cricket
Round One

Captains' XI vs It's My First Time XI

Captains' XI
Mørk
Smith
Garven
Towns
Camps
Kennett
Demeza
Wright
Mitchell
Patrick
Thomas

It's My First Time XI
Corrin
Young
Bochat
Donald
Read
Davis
Amir
Bowen
Ritchie
McNamara
Heads

The first Charity game kicked off at the CW Oval with a packed stadium of fans looking forward to their favourite players duking it out. The CWBCC announcement that the pitches would be severely flattened before play meant there were runs to be expected. But by whom?

IMFT won the toss and naturally, Corrin and Young strode out to the middle. Dan Smith immediately started to sledge Corrin and continued when Demeza was given the ball. When Corrin departed for a lazy 24 off 107, the score read 86/3 and the crowd may have rightly thought of going home. But Read joined Donald to make it 213/3 and then Bowen with Ritchie and Heads punished the well-famed attack around the ground. Bowen in particular was immense, running hard and scoring a boundary almost every over. By the time Heads was caught by Garven, IMFT had reached 536, scoring at almost five an over. The crowd stood and cheered Bowen, who made a stunning 144 off 101 deliveries.

And so Mørk and Smith began the Captains' XI innings. Thrilling the crowd with their hitting, they both brought up half-centuries. And then centuries. And then their 150s. Everyone but the wicket-keeper had been used before Smith tried to launch Young out of the park and departed for a superb 223, with the score on 391/1. Towns made sure the opening stand was not in vain and with solid contributions all the way down the order, Caps XI had surged to a massive 719, with no bowler left unpunished.

This left only 80 overs to play. IMFT faced 40 of them.

Where all before them had failed, Thomas and Patrick excelled, bowling with pace and bounce to collect nine between them. If the bowling was good, the fielding was fantastic as Kennett inspired his teammates, plucking catches out of nowhere. Any thoughts of a Bowen-lead revival were soon put to bed when Kennett and Garven combined with a slower-ball set-piece. Patrick yorked McNamara to complete his 5-fer as the Captains' XI won by an innings and 30 runs.

It's My First Time XI - 536/10 off 112.5 overs
Bowen 144* (101)
Donald 106 (152)
Read 79 (80)
Ritchie 51 (54)
Heads 51 (72)
Mitchell 3/98 (22)
Demeza 3/122 (15)
Patrick 2/84 (23.5)

Captains' XI - 719/10 off 198.0 overs
DP Smith 223 (304)
Mørk 178 (405)
Towns 142 (222)
Camps 37 (58)
Amir 3/112 (27)
Davis 2/81 (23)

It's My First Time XI - 153/10 off 40.5 overs
Bowen 38 (35)
Donald 33 (50)
Patrick 5/30 (11.5)
Thomas 4/35 (9)

Captains' XI win by an innings and 30 runs

Scorecards and stuff are being ridiculous, will sort them and the second match out when it's not 2:30am. (Y)

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You didn't say what you were donating these bucks too? Charity? Your bar tab? The bid to get the west side of CW independent from the east in the vein hope that then you might make it as an international cricketer? Be more specific you wanker.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha what a game, pretty happy to have smashed 144 against a pretty gun attack :)

Can't wait to see the bowling figures, at least everyone from the Virgins/IMFT was given a go, would have been a great game to see for the fast scoring and sledging.

LOL at Demeza 122 from 15 overs.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
OK, this clearly isn't working. So here is what we'll do. Short reports, with uploaded scorecards so people can find out what happened.

Match 1

Captains vs Virgins
at CW Oval

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Geezers vs Internationals
at Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

After choosing to bat first, the Internationals were slaughtered after an inspired move to give the spinners the new ball at Pickford. Gray and Cribb took three wickets, before Cameron added three to see the Internationals slip to 97 for six. However, Kerr gritted out a splendid 121 from number eight, supported well by Hancock (30) and Gough (61 not out) to see the Internationals to 358 - with only Popat a threat.

Hancock then speared through the Geezers' lineup, taking six for 59, as Cribb's 48 was the highest score. Batting again, it was much the same story for the veterans, with Kerr's unbeaten 90 saving them from embarrassment; Dav Richards also made 81, while Cribb again decimated the top order. The Geezers fought well in parts, with good partnerships between Weber/Gelman and Reddlapalli/Cribb, but were skittled for 301 after a five-for from Gough.

Internationals 358 all out
Kerr 121, Rose 62, Gough 61*; Cameron 3/74, Cribb 3/76

Geezers 221 all out
Cribb 48; Hancock 6/59

Internationals 346 all out
Kerr 90*, Richards 81, Dauth 48; Cribb 3/57, Rai 3/67

Geezers 301 all out
Cribb 64, Reddlapalli 52, Smith M 49 (26), Gelman 49; Gough 5/78

Internationals won by 182 runs

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
50 and a fifer. No wonder all the kids were lining up for my autograph.

Happy to have raised money for Charity.

Ill also donate

$1000 for every CW Black I dismiss in this series
$750 for each Blue or Red
and
$100 for each Green or Yellow