• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

pasag

RTDAS
I have just decided to look at Michael Clarke's stats a bit closer.

I wanted to see how he performed in situations where he went out to bat with Australia on a bad score.

He's batted at 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 so it was hard to say exactly what a bad score is, however I decided on 2/50 3/75, 4/120, 5/160 and 6/190.

There has been 12 instances in his career where he's come into bat in a bad situation and in that time he has made 203 runs at an average of 16.92 with a highest score of 37.

Do you think 12 innings is too small or a slight problem for Clarke? I have to say there was an instance when the score was 4/121 [just off the criteria] and he made a score which would have helped the average a bit.
Interesting stuff. Wouldn't mind seeing the same one done for Collingwood, reckon he's similar despite the reputation.

Craig

World Traveller
Still think we can bat out a draw. Would like to see our side bat well under pressure though, it's great and all when we win the toss and bat first in Australia and rack up massive scores on flat tracks, but I'd like to see some proper rearguard stuff from our much vaunted batsmen.

That aside, they've gone on about this winning sessions stuff like 15 times in the past two days if not more. We get it, bloody hell.
Yeah the commentary team has been rubbish tstl.

pup11

International Coach
****, there is a good chance at this rate we might just fold up today itself, i am so gutted atm.....

inbox24

International Debutant
Ok, now our only hope is batting to save a test, something we haven't done since the Ashes in England last time am I right?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Interesting stuff. Wouldn't mind seeing the same one done for Collingwood, reckon he's similar despite the reputation.
Would think the opposite, personally.

206 - 2-45 vs Australia
186 - 3-88 vs Pakistan
135 - 4-104 vs South Africa
134* - 3-110 vs India
128 - 4-121 vs West indies
111 - 3-162 vs West indies
96 - 2-114 vs Pakistan
96 - 2-36 vs Australia
80 - 2-30 vs Pakistan

Mind you, he bats at 6 now.

pup11

International Coach
I have just decided to look at Michael Clarke's stats a bit closer.

I wanted to see how he performed in situations where he went out to bat with Australia on a bad score.

He's batted at 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 so it was hard to say exactly what a bad score is, however I decided on 2/50 3/75, 4/120, 5/160 and 6/190.

There has been 12 instances in his career where he's come into bat in a bad situation and in that time he has made 203 runs at an average of 16.92 with a highest score of 37.

Do you think 12 innings is too small or a slight problem for Clarke? I have to say there was an instance when the score was 4/121 [just off the criteria] and he made a score which would have helped the average a bit.
I mean even without those stats if one has been following Australian cricket for a while, they can easily see that Clarke has choked whenever there has been slightest of pressure when he has come out to bat in test cricket, and that is a serious problem especially now considering he has now become one of the more important batsmen in the team.

Its not like that he can't bat under pressure at all, he has played plenty of ODI cricket where he has walked out into a tough situations and bailed Australia out of trouble several times, but in test cricket he has looked out of depth whenever the team has been under the pump, with the added responsibility of vice-captaincy one feels he also needs to raise the bar of his game and justify the kind of treatment he has been getting.

Bees

U19 12th Man
With four partnerships remaining and only about 100 runs to go, Australia's chance of avoiding the follow-on is somewhat decent, isn't it?

pup11

International Coach
Would think the opposite, personally.

206 - 2-45 vs Australia
186 - 3-88 vs Pakistan
135 - 4-104 vs South Africa
134* - 3-110 vs India
128 - 4-121 vs West indies
111 - 3-162 vs West indies
96 - 2-114 vs Pakistan
96 - 2-36 vs Australia
80 - 2-30 vs Pakistan

Mind you, he bats at 6 now.
I don't see any similarities between Clarke and Collingwood, Collingwood might not have the natural talent of Clarke, but unlike Clarke you can be rest assured Collingwood would never throw away his wicket playing a flash shot in test cricket, he is the sort of guy who makes most of the talent he has and puts a lot of value over his wicket.