• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Specs XI

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Colour blindedness doesn't mean everything is in black and white, just to clarify. I speak from personal knowledge.

I don't think anyone thinks that, but if it's true that it's hard to differentiate between red and green anyone who doesn't suffer from it would think it would make certain aspects of cricket difficult. Legendary commentator Brian Johnston was also colourblind.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think anyone thinks that, but if it's true that it's hard to differentiate between red and green anyone who doesn't suffer from it would think it would make certain aspects of cricket difficult. Legendary commentator Brian Johnston was also colourblind.
Actually, 'tis quite a common misconception amongst people. They assume that since somebody is colour blind, that the world is grey. There are also different aspects of colour blindness, some people may be unable to differentiate between blue and purple, while others have trouble with red/green/brown. I'm not the greatest with either red or green, but playing cricket isn't too much of a trouble. As it is, unless they are horrendously affected, most people who are colour blind would be able to play cricket with relative ease.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am slightly red-green (I think) colour blind. Give me one of those circles of colours with a number hidden in it and I probably won't be able to tell you the number, but if you point to a specific dot of colour, I can tell you what colour it is.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
1. Geoff Boycott
2. Eddie Barlow
3. Zaheer Abbas
4. David Steele
5. Clive LLoyd (capt)
6. Mike Smith
7. SJS (wicketkeeper)
8. Chris Old
9. Anil Kumble
10.Daniel Vettori
11.Bill Bowes

stumpski

International Captain
If you'd wanted a batsman-keeper you could've gone for Paul Gibb who hit 106 and 93 on Test debut - probably the closest any England batsman has come to registering twin debut tons - and was one of the few Ehgland players to appear both as an amateur and as a professional.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
1. Geoff Boycott
2. Eddie Barlow
3. Zaheer Abbas
4. David Steele
5. Clive LLoyd (capt)
6. Mike Smith
7. SJS (wicketkeeper)
8. Chris Old
9. Anil Kumble
10.Daniel Vettori
11.Bill Bowes
I protest to batting below 'pad-to-ball-pad-to-ball-pad-to-ball' Mike Smith in the batting order :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Lovin' the enthusiasm mate :thumbsup:
...and on a real STICKY (just notice how deep the batsman's feet are in the sand) and without gloves (so what if its a rubber ball)...leg side stumpings and all :laugh:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From my thread that I made:
Altoz
Andmark
Ash Chalk
Cameel (wears contacts)
Fuller (FaaipDeOiad)
Sangeep (Masterblaster)
Patrick (Nnadan)
Greg (NZTailender)
Protean (only some of the time)
Pete Young
SJS
Spitfires_Fan
Sean (steds)
Morek (Samuel_Vimes)
cpr
Neil Pickup

Marius

International Debutant
I've seen photos of Graeme Pollock with glasses before, while playing. He was probably like Boycott, started out with them, and then changed to contacts.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Altoz
Andmark
Ash Chalk
Cameel (wears contacts)
Fuller (FaaipDeOiad)
Sangeep (Masterblaster)
Patrick (Nnadan)
Greg (NZTailender)
Pete Young
SJS
Spitfires_Fan
Sean (steds)
Morek (Samuel_Vimes)
cpr
Neil Pickup
If this is a spectacles XI, then can I join. You'll find clips of me bowling in the coaching forum;)

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Altoz
Andmark
Ash Chalk
Cameel (wears contacts)
Fuller (FaaipDeOiad)
Sangeep (Masterblaster)
Patrick (Nnadan)
Greg (NZTailender)