• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you like Sreesanth?

Do you like Sreesanth?

• Total voters

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
There is absolutely nothing likeble about the guy. Average Cricketer at best.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I wouldn't say I hate him, but I'm not a fan of a lot of his antics.

However his antics vs. Nel were absolutely awesome, and was great for the game. Everything else he does is generally quite stupid though.

Laurrz

International Debutant
No i dont generally

although i thought what he did after he hit Nel for six was classic :lol:

Edit: awta.. honestly didnt see that post before i made mine

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quite like him although his recent 'can dish it out but can't take it' antics have me a bit off-side. The thing is, much like Glenn McGrath, when he puts the aggression in the cupboard, he's quite a good bowler. Problem is that he can only do it for a few overs at a time hence why his best international spells have probably been in 20/20 (such as his opening spell against the Aussies int he 20/20 WC). If he can rein it in, there's no reason why he can't be a pretty good Test bowler because he has enough pace, good movement away from the bat, etc. Up to him, really.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's harmless.

And that's about as sad an indictment as a new ball bowler can get, I suppose.

Don't really mind him one way or another.

Bouncer

State Regular
When i saw for the first time it was on India's tour to Pak in 2006...when he was played in ODI's....my very first impression was guy who runs in nicely....seemed to put an effort into his bowling..seemed to have little reverse going to him too...just little bit of reverse but i thought was encouraging to see coming from an Indian fast bowler with some aggressions too....Overall, I liked the guy.

What Went wrong: too much attention given to guy by indian media and indian fans all over the world and the guy who(possibly )had potential got lost in all that.

Overall, I still dont mind him now.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
It wouldn't be as bad if it was just fluff, but he lets his emotion interfere his bowling too - e.g, purposefully overstepping in England, which was absolutely disgraceful.
Ambrose wasn't above the same - most famously in 1996/97 against Warne and May when they refused to get out.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I don't like him nor do I respect him. However, at times he is an annoyingly good bowler.

CDAK

U19 Debutant
I like Sreesanth for his cricketing abilities.I know him from his 18. In 2003, I had commented about him on cricketweb,as an emerging quick bowler with Dennis Lilly's bowling action.Now, I'm happy that he made it up to International level.
The antics are over done most of the times but, are seen to be settled now.

CDAK

U19 Debutant
He's seen to be an irritating character on filed...with a lot of talking,but no abuse stuff unlike many other fast bowlers.

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
I also like Sreesanth.....( He is from my state :) )...........I like his agressiveness.....but no need to display it on his own country men......

masterblaster

International Captain
He'd be a better bowler if he dropped all the drama and just focused on his job. I don't like his antics at all but I have nothing against him personally.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Ambrose wasn't above the same - most famously in 1996/97 against Warne and May when they refused to get out.
Andrew Bichel, not Tim May.

As for Sreesanth, well...I can't say that I'm a big fan of the bloke, although he is too much of a joke to really dislike. It's hard not to laugh at someone who postures and poses when (even before and/or after) they're getting smashed.

I do think he has potential as a Test bowler, but none as an ODI bowler (his economy rate is probably the worst going around). As Damien Fleming noted, he has a lovely wrist position and can get prodigious seam and even swing. His main impediments are 1) his inability to provide a good comeback when getting smashed, 2) his occassional struggles in controlling the amount of seam and swing he gets, even though he is quite capable of pitching it on a good length and 3) his temperamental flaws, mentioned ad nauseum.

adharcric

International Coach
Used to support him as though he was a drama-queen on the field, I had faith in him to get over it and realize that it's seriously affecting his bowling. Unfortunately, he's gotten even worse and appears to have turned into a complete idiot on the field, though I still wouldn't be surprised if he's a decent guy off the field. Hopefully the Bhajji bitchslap knocks some sense into him - actually, I'll vote yes just because I don't "hate" him like most. Certainly a fan of his bowling but rapidly losing faith in him. Overall, don't take his antics too seriously apart from the impact they have on his performance.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Quite like him although his recent 'can dish it out but can't take it' antics have me a bit off-side. The thing is, much like Glenn McGrath, when he puts the aggression in the cupboard, he's quite a good bowler. Problem is that he can only do it for a few overs at a time hence why his best international spells have probably been in 20/20 (such as his opening spell against the Aussies int he 20/20 WC). If he can rein it in, there's no reason why he can't be a pretty good Test bowler because he has enough pace, good movement away from the bat, etc. Up to him, really.
AWTA.

I find his antics more funny then anything.