• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

biased indian

International Coach
If you're trying, like Ian Healy has, to suggest that Rohit Sharma, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh (!) and co. are ready replacements for proven batsmen like Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Sachin Tendulkar and even Sourav Ganguly, then I will laugh at you. They may be good replacements eventually, but they're not "ready to go", as Healy put it.

If not, then what did you mean?
social was saying that we had a very old side..i was just suggestion toi hm that we have experimented with yound side in CB series ..and saying that the four you have mentioned will be any way playin atleast 2 more years of test cricket for india

adharcric

International Coach
Haha you can't see the animated glitter ... so technically that's not enough social.

Can we give him Bhajji instead? :ph34r:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
ICC to probe Kanpur Test wicket...

"Match referee Roshan Mahanama described it as sub-standard in his post-match report, forcing the International Cricket Council (ICC) to demand an explanation from the Indian cricket board."

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=4&art_id=nw20080416134157635C837308

Apparently what 'swung it' was when Hashim 'one first class wicket' Amla started turning the ball square and got Yuvraj Singh plumb LBW (how could the umpire not give that?). :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Let them investigate, I don't mind.

However, I would like to know from the ICC why this is being investigated, and not the Chennai pitch of the first Test. The latter is much worse for Test cricket, while the former produced an exciting match. But it's the ICC, so keep on bungling....

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
ICC to probe Kanpur Test wicket...

"Match referee Roshan Mahanama described it as sub-standard in his post-match report, forcing the International Cricket Council (ICC) to demand an explanation from the Indian cricket board."

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=4&art_id=nw20080416134157635C837308

Apparently what 'swung it' was when Hashim 'one first class wicket' Amla started turning the ball square and got Yuvraj Singh plumb LBW (how could the umpire not give that?). :)
That's stupid. Mickey should have kept his mouth shut.

Protean

State Regular

However, I would like to know from the ICC why this is being investigated, and not the Chennai pitch of the first Test. The latter is much worse for Test cricket, while the former produced an exciting match. But it's the ICC, so keep on bungling....
Agree, think that's a bit silly. It was a hard wicket to bat on, both sides had to bat on it and India did it better. Should be left at that. Interesting that Mickey Arthur also commented on their accommodation though.

pasag

RTDAS

AWTA

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Interesting that Mickey Arthur also commented on their accommodation though.
That is something I'd definitely want to investigate. If you don't provide proper practice and training facilities, then to me, that's a much serious issues than playing on a pitch and complaining when you got the best of the conditions...

If the UP Cricket Association failed to provide proper practice and training facilities to the visitors, they should most certainly be held accountable. If you want to remove the Test status from a ground, that to me is a much better reason to do so. In today's times, there is really no excuse for having subpar training and accommodation.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Totally agree

Variation in test wickets is important and keeps the game interesting.

Probably the thing that irks them is that it was a wicket delivered "upon request" from the home side

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:

Ah the cheap shot. Deary me social, who's your IPL team? ;)
Bangalore - it would be poetic justice to see guys like Dravid, Kallis and Kumble succeed in a format that their own boards deemed them unsuitable for national duty