• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest batting/bowling styles in the world.

bond21

Banned
so what?

Lillee said he has no problem with Lee's action, it only looked a bit off sometimes, but Lillee has known Lee since he was like 16 or something...

And like I said, Lillee helped Lee change the top half of his action when Lee was 17 or 18 because he had stress fractures from a mixed action.

bond21

Banned
also theres absolutely nothing different about his action from 2003 as it is now other than a slightly less complex load-up.

Like I said, if you take a picture of every bowler at a certain point in their action, there is always a slight bend because its almost impossible to bowl with a totally straight arm.

ONly person who was close to that was Jeff Thomson according to biomechanists, because he was extremely side on and bowled with his action - cant explain but watch him and try and find a bend.

But as I always say, people seem to have a problem with Lee because hes the fastest bowler in the world...

Im sure you could find a kink in McGrath's action but noone cares because he only bowled 135.

And unless you slow Lee's action down or look at frickin pictures, being obsessive about it, you cannot see anything remotely like a bend live or in real time.

There are far worse bowlers, Murali, Shoaib, Marlon Samuels, you can actually see the bend watching them in real time, but because Lee is a great bowler and the fastest in the world, and Australian, so people have problems with everything about him.

R_D

International Debutant
also theres absolutely nothing different about his action from 2003 as it is now other than a slightly less complex load-up.

Like I said, if you take a picture of every bowler at a certain point in their action, there is always a slight bend because its almost impossible to bowl with a totally straight arm.

ONly person who was close to that was Jeff Thomson according to biomechanists, because he was extremely side on and bowled with his action - cant explain but watch him and try and find a bend.

But as I always say, people seem to have a problem with Lee because hes the fastest bowler in the world...

Im sure you could find a kink in McGrath's action but noone cares because he only bowled 135.

And unless you slow Lee's action down or look at frickin pictures, being obsessive about it, you cannot see anything remotely like a bend live or in real time.

There are far worse bowlers, Murali, Shoaib, Marlon Samuels, you can actually see the bend watching them in real time, but because Lee is a great bowler and the fastest in the world, and Australian, so people have problems with everything about him.
You know what Lee is one of the few likeable Australian cricket players.
After Gilchrist is gone.. the list keeps on getting smaller year by year.

StumpMic

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Spin bowling: Mushtaq Ahmed
Pace: Waqar Younis, Lasith Malinga
Batting: Jayasuriya, Atapattu, Jayawardene

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lee reported for chuking
[Link]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/828400.stm[/link]

not exactly the clean action is it ?

[link]http://www.abc.net.au/pm/stories/s150714.htm[/link]

i read somewhere before that Lille help re-model his action but apparently it was early on not when he got reported for chucking. Althou one of the papers did say something along those lines.

can't remmember how to do the linkthing
Like this. :p

[URL=<paste link>]Insert text[/URL]

You can even get vBulletin to prompt you TBH, using the
icon.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
youre the victorian not me.

It has everything to do with Murali. Dont lie, his elbow bends in his action, its obvious.

People only say Lee chucks when they go through it frame by frame..if you do tha with mcgrath it will show the same thing.

He did get reported for chucking, they tested it and it was fine.

And also I dont recall him changing his action, he changed it with the help of Lillee when he was like 18 because he broke down.

Lillee didnt help change it when he got called for throwing, at least i never heard about it.
Good. That means since he's tested OK he's legal. So same applies to Murali. Isn't it?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually there was. He was found to extend up to 12º when his prescribed limit was 7.5º. May be this is the reason to change the rule to 15º?:blowup:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not again. :frusty:

Migara - please, fella, don't try and make this bond21 see any sense. It's a waste of your time and our bandwidth.

Debris

International 12th Man
May be on Mars. But Akthar is till there.

Whenever they have bowled in the same match, Lee has always been faster than Aktar on a consistent basis. Aktar just seems to have that occasional freakish delivery which is really quick. Maybe it is the steroids kicking in.:)

FRAZ

International Captain
Spin : Abdul Qadir
Batsman : Viv Richards Javed Miandad
Bowlers : Malinga , Wasim
Fast Bowler : Waqar (of early 90's)
Extremely fast legend : Shoaib Akhtar

bond21

Banned
Akhtar is not faster than Lee.

Wow he has the fastest "official" ball but really that only applies to this generation.

Lee is consistently faster than him.

Wow well done you found out that McGrath's action isnt as perfect as he is.

I never said there wasnt a bend, I said there was a bend.

People who defend Murali and call Lee a chucker - they might as well put a big "hypocrite" sign on them.

If you think Murali bends less than 15 degrees....take some anti gullible pills.

FRAZ

International Captain
Akhtar is not faster than Lee.

Wow he has the fastest "official" ball but really that only applies to this generation.

Lee is consistently faster than him.

Wow well done you found out that McGrath's action isnt as perfect as he is.

I never said there wasnt a bend, I said there was a bend.

People who defend Murali and call Lee a chucker - they might as well put a big "hypocrite" sign on them.

If you think Murali bends less than 15 degrees....take some anti gullible pills.
I am not South Asian at all ... So your post went wasted I guess !
lol Lee faster !!!!

funnygirl

State Regular
Batting style ;Sir Viv , David Gower ,Mark Waugh ,VVS Laxman, Tendulkar ,Lara ,Saeed Anwar.

Bowling ; Michael Holding ,Dennis lille ,Imran Khan, Wasim Akram ,Allan Donald ,Shane Bond .

bond21

Banned
I saw highlights of shoaib bowling against some random team noone cares about a while ago, he was trundling up and rolling his arm over.

So yea...Lee is faster. Everytime I saw Shoaib play Aus he didnt make it over 150.

FRAZ

International Captain
I saw highlights of shoaib bowling against some random team noone cares about a while ago, he was trundling up and rolling his arm over.

So yea...Lee is faster. Everytime I saw Shoaib play Aus he didnt make it over 150.
Prove it !!!

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Finger-spin: Monty Panesar, Daniel Vettori, Muttiah Muralitharan, Saqlain Mushtaq, Virender Sehwag, Nicky Boje

Wrist-spin: Shane Warne, Anil Kumble, Brad Hogg

Seam/swing: Brett Lee, Dale Steyn, Wasim Akram, Chaminda Vaas, Shoaib Akhtar, Nathan Bracken, Glenn McGrath, Shane Bond, Zaheer Khan, Jeff Thomson, Dennis Lillee, Michael Holding, Curtly Ambrose

Batting: VVS Laxman, Sachin Tendulkar, Michael Clarke, Matthew Hayden, Mark Waugh, Ricky Ponting, Michael Hussey, Andrew Symonds, Shahriar Nafees, David Gower, Don Bradman, Yasir Hameed, Greg Chappell, Damien Martyn, Jacques Kallis, Herschelle Gibbs, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Sanath Jayasuriya, Chris Gayle, Brian Lara and others...

Mind you, this list does not promote effectiveness, but aesthetic pleasure. That is why you'll see thoroughly mediocre players (Nicky Boje), underachievers (Brad Hogg, Mark Waugh), part-timers (Sehwag) and so forth.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

BS. When they both played that test in P Sara stadium in Colombo, Akthar bowled a scintillating spell of fast, full and straight bowling which sent few Aussies back to the pavillion. He was much faster than Lee there. Possibly Lee s under the cosh when the heat is up!