• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

ret

International Debutant
Dunno if I necessarily agree with that. Though the wickets share similarities, there are still important differences.
if gettinng used to the conditions is the top priority then not playing a tour game is a bad idea but i was considering the intangibles like exhaustion, burn-outs, staying fresh, etc .... and then conditions in Chennai are going to be little different than at A'bad and Kanpur, so no gr8 benefit of that tour game considering that Africans are just coming out of B'desh

playing in the heat, most of the time, is not that easy .... imagine in a tour game, the home side wins the toss and bats for two days and then the Africans go to Chennai, which is known for being hottt, with a little gap b/w the two matches

it's better to take some time off from cricket when touring sub-continent, esp if you are going back to back in from one country to another

jeevan

International 12th Man
SA also have played in Pakistan a few months ago. They did have a home series (NZ) in between, but Pakistan in Oct, BD in Feb is reasonably decent preparation for India in March, considering the current calendars. Plus there'd almost be no players new to the subcontinent, and only a couple new to India as well.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
South Africa cancelled their warm up game against India A because they were scared of Badrinath:ph34r:

masterblaster

International Captain
I'm probably going to subscribe to Setanta Sports just for this tour. Can't wait for the action to start, I miss the cricket already.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Setanta is good that way, you can just cancel and re-subscribe whenever the cricket is on and you're free to watch it.

Great channel, great set-up.

masterblaster

International Captain
Setanta is good that way, you can just cancel and re-subscribe whenever the cricket is on and you're free to watch it.

Yeah, although I think you need a minimum one month subscription right?
Still great value though, considering the cost of PPVs here is absolutely ridiculous.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Yeah, AWTA. The fact that I'm generally too lazy to ring up and cancel my subscription helps them quite a bit though. I wish you could cancel online - I subscribed online.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, AWTA. The fact that I'm generally too lazy to ring up and cancel my subscription helps them quite a bit though. I wish you could cancel online - I subscribed online.
Haha I did the same thing, subscribed online and was too lazy to cancel.

Bought it for the Ind/Pak series all the way back in November 2007, and only just canceled it two days ago, and completely forgot that the India vs. South Africa series was going to be on it. So I'm going to have to re-subscribe to it again FFS.

I originally tried to cancel it in February after remembering that I still had it, but it was already past the payment date by only 3 days, so I thought I'd wait the rest of the month out and have a bit of Bang vs. South Africa.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can so see India winning this series 1-0. As always Kumble the key at home.

Would stick with Jaffer for the time being but surely Gambhir/Chopra are breathing down his neck if he slips up?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bought it for the Ind/Pak series all the way back in November 2007, and only just canceled it two days ago, and completely forgot that the India vs. South Africa series was going to be on it.
Yeah, that's when I got it put on as well. I tried to get it taken off online at one stage but then read I couldn't do it like that and just never bothered. I missed the B'desh/RSA Test series as well, not realising they were actually covering it, despite paying for it.

Very good concept for those of us who are less lazy though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sheeysh, all this complicated TV network stuff in Australia - so nice and simple over here. :D The only places Sky Sports now doesn't have a contract for home games for are Pakistan and Sri Lanka. We get every Test and ODI (and presumably Twenty20 International too, but I don't care about those) from New Zealand, Australia, India, South Africa, England (obviously) and West Indies via the same network.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Sheeysh, all this complicated TV network stuff in Australia - so nice and simple over here. :D The only places Sky Sports now doesn't have a contract for home games for are Pakistan and Sri Lanka. We get every Test and ODI (and presumably Twenty20 International too, but I don't care about those) from New Zealand, Australia, India, South Africa, England (obviously) and West Indies via the same network.
One can there rule that Rupert Murdoch owns you:laugh:

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I can so see India winning this series 1-0. As always Kumble the key at home.

Would stick with Jaffer for the time being but surely Gambhir/Chopra are breathing down his neck if he slips up?
Interesting, its been a while since India's last Test and I doubt that they will be picking Pathan at the top of the order now. Probably best wait until Kumble announces what he wants as the team composition, because if they remain the 6-5 whose to say Dravid won't open again?

But a 7-4 formation allows some variation for the selectors. Assuming Sehwag is a certainty, I think the order to partner him goes Jaffer-Gambhir-Karthik-Chopra.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Interesting, its been a while since India's last Test and I doubt that they will be picking Pathan at the top of the order now. Probably best wait until Kumble announces what he wants as the team composition, because if they remain the 6-5 whose to say Dravid won't open again?

But a 7-4 formation allows some variation for the selectors. Assuming Sehwag is a certainty, I think the order to partner him goes Jaffer-Gambhir-Karthik-Chopra.
One of the reasons why I think SA will win series