• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series 2007-08

R_D

International Debutant
is it just me or are Indian fans more concerned about their team winning than fans of Aussie cricket who just want a good contest as well (not a bad thing necessarily btw)... i think that makes em really hungry and so passionate..and yea, a bit over the top sometimes

no doubt that M word will be talked about again *yawn
dont think Aussies will pull out though... pride ourselves on sticking through thick and thin i recn and crowd factor wont be a problem...
i do fear for Punter Symo and Haydos though :laugh:
but as long as they get RUNS then they WILL be fine.... gotta let the bat do the talking.... and the results on the board
You guys have been spoilt by your team.... they've won so many matches now all you want is good contests. Where's being Indian fan.. we've hardly seen our team win. We've seen so many set backs that in the end we care out the win more than the contest. I love a great contest but as long it goes our way. ;)

sideshowtim

Banned
Its going to be abuse another magnitude.
Aus team hardly got abused until the last ODI series..... people in India use to love the aussie team but same is not true anymore. Evryone i used to ask and they used to love the aussie team.... they were their favourites after India.
Indian people don't seem like the kind of culture to dish out abuse the way South Africans and the English do. I've heard some pretty cruel things said to Aussies from South Africans and the English. Indians are generally far more respectful. From what I've seen of course.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think even Clapo would agree that Ponting was owned during the ODI series. Only one score more than 25 and most of them single figures was terrible. Ponting's worst summer by a long way.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Indian people don't seem like the kind of culture to dish out abuse the way South Africans and the English do. I've heard some pretty cruel things said to Aussies from South Africans and the English. Indians are generally far more respectful. From what I've seen of course.
main diff with perhaps Saffer and Eng to Indians is that... (well this is just what i think) the indians ..if they hate you.. they ALL hate you.. and whatever they say even if you dont understand it or think its silly... whenever you are one against thousands and thousands..it must not be a comfortable state to be in

R_D

International Debutant
General being the key term... we do have a fair few bunch dumb ****s in our section as well. When it comes to cricket people seem to lose their sense alot.

If no one flares the situation up again the crowds wont be too bad. People have relatively short memories and they're not going to get fired up for something that happened months ago. I mean everyone said the Australian crowds would 'return the favour' to India after issues in the ODI series, but as far as I know it didn't happen pre-Sydney controversy. Unless someone decides to flare things up, you might have some of the usual idiots in the crowd doing there usual thing, but it wont be as grave a situation as people are predicting, imo.
I hope you are right mate and there not too many off field stories or on-field issue in this series.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'd set up a roving band of baton wielding security guards who would swing a baton right at the crotch of anyone who says the word monkey or imitates a monkey when Symonds is out there. Tired of this racist bull****.

As a crowd, go ahead and boo him if you don't like him, and you can goad him a little when he is at the boundry, but keep the racist filth out. It's disgusting and just showcases how much of an idiot you are.

R_D

International Debutant
main diff with perhaps Saffer and Eng to Indians is that... (well this is just what i think) the indians ..if they hate you.. they ALL hate you.. and whatever they say even if you dont understand it or think its silly... whenever you are one against thousands and thousands..it must not be a comfortable state to be in
You are wrong their..Indian people don't have that kind of unity.

Mister Wright

I'd set up a roving band of baton wielding security guards who would swing a baton right at the crotch of anyone who says the word monkey or imitates a monkey when Symonds is out there. Tired of this racist bull****.

As a crowd, go ahead and boo him if you don't like him, and you can goad him a little when he is at the boundry, but keep the racist filth out. It's disgusting and just showcases how much of an idiot you are.
Don't see it that way tbh. If Monkeys are held so highly in India then surely they're saying Symonds is a God.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
That was largely so till this summer in Australia.............the media here have had a field day and have played up all the incidents(as the aussie media did)..........it will take just one sledge in the coming series to light the fire once again. For the Aussie team not to sledge would mean a big departure from their usual game.

Johnners

I think even Clapo would agree that Ponting was owned during the ODI series. Only one score more than 25 and most of them single figures was terrible. Ponting's worst summer by a long way.
Yeah, I'll agree now :P his ODI series was shocking. I can't recall Ponting EVER having such a bad run in ODIs. He's had his ups and downs in Test Matches, but never anything (to my memory) anything this bad in the shorter format. You know he's in bad form when he's getting out by mis-cued pulls...

Crowd was shocking for booing him, and Bracken, just like they're tossers for abusing HB Singh.

R_D

International Debutant

yeah agree... don't need that bull**** again.

Mister Wright

Yeah, I'll agree now :P his ODI series was shocking. I can't recall Ponting EVER having such a bad run in ODIs. He's had his ups and downs in Test Matches, but never anything (to my memory) anything this bad in the shorter format. You know he's in bad form when he's getting out by mis-cued pulls...

Crowd was shocking for booing him, and Bracken, just like they're tossers for abusing HB Singh.
How much did it hurt to write this post? :p

sirdj

State Vice-Captain

Trouble is that the Pandus yielding the baton have little clue as to what constitutes racism or not..........unless they are coached in English and given a list of unacceptable insults.

Besides I am quite sure they will call Symonds bandar,hanuman, vanar or other such synonyms but not monkey.

Mister Wright

I must say, it's going to be strange watching Australia play a ODI without Gilchrist in the side, eventhough I'm looking forward to the Hayden/Hopes opening partnership.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
1)Brillian win.After the test series it is even more of abetter feeling.

2)Tendulkar came to the party at the right time.
Thank you manjrekar!!!!!!!!!!!

3)Dhoni has to be given credit for backing his team. demanding and sincerely wanting this team and to the selectors for sending this team to australia.

4)Best was harbhajan getting hayden and symonds in both finals after what a tour it has been for him and remaining calm.

5)Now this team has to prove themselves consistently though before claiming anything as still their is too much dependance on certain people.Though the process has started and should be stuck to despite setbacks if any.

6)Going back to the test series kumble's captaincy and performance of the bowlers was also a positive.

7)The pace bowling battery of india is really a positive for india in the long term and Ishant Sharma Is the find of the whoile tour.

8)It has been a great summer of tour and will miss the action despite the controversies.The standard of cricket both in tests and ODI's has been probably the best in a while now.

9)The indian team has done pretty well now for a pretty long while without a permanent coach(T20 wc,India in england and now this tour) and hopefully kirsten does not try and change too much and impose himself.

10)Looking forward to the South africa series at home and the IPL.

ret

International Debutant
Besides I am quite sure they will call Symonds bandar,hanuman, vanar or other such synonyms but not monkey.
Not sure abt the 'Hanuman' chants simply coz Haunmanji is a God ... why would ppl want to call Symmo a God's name?