• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That dropped catch is hurting so much right now. Lee would've cleaned up the tail the way he was bowling.
How to go from being on top to under pressure in a millisecond - unbelievable that a fc cricketer (let alone an all-time great) could drop that

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lee steaming in for the last few overs and he's been rewarded. Great bowling. Phew, the drop didn't cost much in the end but geez...... That's utter two sitters Gilly has shelled this series. He got there alright and his movement to the side was fine but he just closed the gloves at the wrong time. Reckon his eyes are going?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Laxman again plays that horribly, just like in Melbourne, and is dismissed off Lee from a short one.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Need a Dhoni half-century in this test to win the avatar challenge against Sir Bloody Idiot. Not confident (Perth was his best chance and he threw it away :() but I'm hoping.

pasag

RTDAS
Lee steaming in for the last few overs and he's been rewarded. Great bowling. Phew, the drop didn't cost much in the end but geez...... That's utter two sitters Gilly has shelled this series. He got there alright and his movement to the side was fine but he just closed the gloves at the wrong time. Reckon his eyes are going?
Yeah age and the international cricket schedule seem to be taking their toll. There were a few clangers in last years Ashes as well (Melb I think?) so it's not exactly isolated either.

duffer

With MS there's always a loose shot around the corner. Hope he gets a lot of luck this knock.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I know Brett Lee is probably the fittest cricketer in the world, but Geez, how long has this spell been?

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
I don't understand why commentators say we haven't seen the REAL Dhoni in this Test series. This IS the real Dhoni. This is who he is in Test matches. Playing and missing and generally looking clueless against good fast bowling early in his innings is as Dhoni as it gets. One thing he is though is TOUGH. The guy's played plenty of ugly but effective Test innings over the years for India. He should be able to grit out another valuable one here.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL!

Harsha Bhogle making a big mistake telling Ian Chappell has similar traits to Boycott.

Just about the worst thing you could say to him!!!

masterblaster

International Captain
I don't understand why commentators say we haven't seen the REAL Dhoni in this Test series. This IS the real Dhoni. This is who he is in Test matches. Playing and missing and generally looking clueless against good fast bowling early in his innings is as Dhoni as it gets. But he's one tough cricketer and has played plenty of gritty innings for India under pressure. He should be able to grit out another valuable innings here.
But he's changed his style of play so much from about 2005. He was just dynamite back then, but I really like the way he's matured into a more thinking cricketer. I think Dhoni needs to keep the balance in his play though and just trust his instincts like Tendulkar does. Play cautiously, but don't abstain unneccessarily from playing shots when your entire game is built upon that.

duffer

Sachin uppercuts over the slips again? I told myself I wouldn't miss a ball of Sachin this match. Gawd I hate Channel 9 :@

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Ridiculous overrate again. Time to ban Ponting I say. Inexcusable that Australia's actually gotten WORSE compared to the last Test.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Another DROPPED catch! Hayden the culprit this time. Aussie behind the stumps catching in this series has been embarassing.