• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quote Quiz

Engle

State Vice-Captain
This might be very easy, but let's see

" They aren't batting well enough for me to get them out "

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Yup, Barnes is the one.

In a county match, after being removed from bowling against some mediocre bats

archie mac

International Coach
I always like the English fieldsman who said to the other umpire; "glad I was not in the trenches with you!"

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Or the Aussie (during Packer era, cant remember) who said

" You cant make a tiger change it's spots "

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Cant remember who, it was one of the quickies, Pascoe, Rackemann.....wish I'd noted it

Anyways here's another :

" Nobody knows everything about the game, even until their last Test. It is too complex "

pasag

RTDAS
Bump, been a few weeks since the last reply so hopefully Engle doesn't mind. Found this surprisingly in a non cricket related book. Who is the author and the two batsman he is referring to:

Batsman one: He made strokes, true strokes, all the time, each of them informed by an idea; he was indeed a political batsman who could not abide stalemate.

Batsman two: He has all the qualities of batsmanship: footwork, wrists, economy of power, the great strokes of the game, each thoroughly under control. What, then, is the matter with him that we hesitate to call him a master of style, an artist who delights us, and not only a craftsman we are bound to admire without reserve? Is it that he is too mechanically faultless for sports sake? A number of ______s would put an end to the glorious uncertainty of cricket...

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Did the two batsmen play together in the same Test team ?

Were they from the sub-continent ?

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Did these batsmen make their debut before 1970 ?

Did either average over 50 ?

Were they from England ?