• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

James

Cricket Web Owner
Seems really bizzare to stick by Gillespie, would be interesting to hear the selectors reasons why.

And dropping Vincent but not How? That doesn't really make a lot of sense either IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Seems really bizzare to stick by Gillespie, would be interesting to hear the selectors reasons why.

And dropping Vincent but not How? That doesn't really make a lot of sense either IMO.
Not saying I agree with it, but How scoring runs in South Africa and Vincent failing on both tours is probably the logic there.

Flem274*

123/5

How is Guptill going in the Aucks vs Bangas match? I don't care what Rich says Bangladesh are international quality especially in limited overs cricket and far better than your average domestic team. He was taking it to them when I stopped listening, hope he scores a hundred.

Fiery

Banned
How is Guptill going in the Aucks vs Bangas match? I don't care what Rich says Bangladesh are international quality especially in limited overs cricket and far better than your average domestic team. He was taking it to them when I stopped listening, hope he scores a hundred.
Out for 59 mate. Auck 100/1

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Not saying I agree with it, but How scoring runs in South Africa and Vincent failing on both tours is probably the logic there.
Yeah but Vincent is overall class while How probably won't do much after this small patch of 'form'.

Sickened at this dropping. Sure he was having a bad run, but he was about to come out if it. Would've scored 100 in Hobart, tbh.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah but Vincent is overall class while How probably won't do much after this small patch of 'form'.

Sickened at this dropping. Sure he was having a bad run, but he was about to come out if it. Would've scored 100 in Hobart, tbh.
As I said, I don't really agree with it, but that'd be the logic they used. It's not like it's completely baseless. I wouldn't have dropped Vincent but I can live with it.

Flem274*

123/5
How's from the better province though:p

I actualy think How could have a good international career if he cuts down on the number of shots he uses and becomes a bit of a stonewaller. If he only used the pull, straight drive and leg glance he'd stand a chance. Richardson was not the most talented bloke ever he just held onto his wicket like a real estate agent holds your money. If How tried that we could have an opener.

I'm not biased.:ph34r:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Eh? He's been so dire, they had no choice
He failed in 5 innings. Sure. But I would've given him longer than two series - against the top 2 sides in ODI cricket, AWAY from home before dropping him. Given the chance, he would probably hit form against Bangladesh and then gun it versus England at home.

Flem274*

123/5
He failed in 5 innings. Sure. But I would've given him longer than two series - against the top 2 sides in ODI cricket, AWAY from home before dropping him. Given the chance, he would probably hit form against Bangladesh and then gun it versus England at home.
If ND can own Bangladesh then Vincent should be able to.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
No, they're really not. Being flattened by both ND and Auckland (without Andre Adams too) shows that they're still not much better than a club side. People need to remember that just because they've improved, that still doesn't mean they're actually good yet, and that they probably won't be for at least another 10-15 years at best.

Well done to Greg Morgan, for picking up 3 wickets, by the way. It bodes well for his chances at the U19 World Cup.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
You think anything will change in the Black Caps or NZC set up if we win both of these series? No. Besides, the media and players are taking it pretty lighly and it would be awesome to see Bangladesh stick it to them and win.
No excuse to hope they lose. I hate Bracewell as well but I want the players to succeed. I've only heard the Peter Fulton interview and he sounded confident, not ****y and believe me the Black Caps will be focused for this series because they know what will happen if they lose.