• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

Efaz

U19 12th Man
Sajidul Islam is supposed to reach NZ this afternoon. I am curious whether Siddons will put him in the match against Auckland tomorrow.

The Auckland team for the match-

Richard Jones (captain), Paul Hitchcock, Rob Nicol, Martin Guptill, Colin de Grandhomme, David Houpapa, Reece Young, Greg Morgan, Daryl Tuffey, Roneel Hira, Andy McKay, Keeley Todd.

Any idea why Andre Adams is not playing ?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any idea why Andre Adams is not playing ?
Maybe, just maybe he's been told he's in the Bracewell Vision for the test series????

How is James Marshall a master exactly? Same for Ian Butler.

Great to see Ryder and Southee in there, though I hope this doesn't mean Southee will get used heaps before he's ready. He should just have the odd fun/charity 20/20 like this one IMO.

And once again why is How in a 20/20 side?
Agree with Everything you've written there Phlegm.

Efaz

U19 12th Man
BTW, Sajidul Islam is the replacement for Syed Rasel. Like Rasel, he is a left arm seamer, but he bowls at a faster pace. So far he is this year's leading wicket taker in the FC league in Banglaedesh.

Sajid's Profile

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
:-O Ryder's in :) :unsure:
Its just a New Zealand X1 isnt it, not the real NZ side, thats why Fleming and Southee are playing.

I suppose its a good indicator though for the full nz side.

you couldnt wish for a better time to bring him in. play against a weak side and get used to the team environment, and maybe get a few runs, and then play England, a middle of the road test side( better than us) and at home too, in conditions and at grounds he knows

Glad to see hes been chosen to open too. Him and McCullum would be pretty good I reckon, followed by Taylor, Vincent, and Fulton

Flem274*

123/5
Hmmm for this ODI series I wouldn't mind trying:

McCullum
How/Vincent/Bell/someone
Taylor
Fulton
Styris
Oram
Franklin
Vettori
Mills
Gillespie
Patel

6 genuine bowlers in there and we have bowlers for all conditions and if someone has a bad day we can replace them with another genuine bowler. Best of all the batting is still pretty powerful. I rate Franklin to be a very good middle to lower order allrounder for us in the future.

Fiery

Banned
Hmmm for this ODI series I wouldn't mind trying:

McCullum
How/Vincent/Bell/someone
Taylor
Fulton
Styris
Oram
Franklin
Vettori
Mills
Gillespie
Patel

6 genuine bowlers in there and we have bowlers for all conditions and if someone has a bad day we can replace them with another genuine bowler. Best of all the batting is still pretty powerful. I rate Franklin to be a very good middle to lower order allrounder for us in the future.
Taylor at 3 worries the **** out of me sorry Flem. Swap him with Styris

Flem274*

123/5
Why's Styris good at 5?
I just reckon his best work is done at 4 or 5 and he can play at any pace, can hit from ball one or can work it around for singles, also number 5 is a spot where you need consistentcy so Taylor who plays there atm is out and Styris has alot of experience and has a good head on his shoulders. If we're in India or WI or somewhere with a slow pitch tough I'd put him at 3.

Fiery

Banned
I just reckon his best work is done at 4 or 5 and he can play at any pace, can hit from ball one or can work it around for singles, also number 5 is a spot where you need consistentcy so Taylor who plays there atm is out and Styris has alot of experience and has a good head on his shoulders. If we're in India or WI or somewhere with a slow pitch tough I'd put him at 3.
3 at international level needs someone with mental strength. Pig has got that. Taylor is still a boy

Flem274*

123/5
3 at international level needs someone with mental strength. Pig has got that. Taylor is still a boy
Fulton would be better at three full time but someone on here said he averages 50 at four in ODIs IIRC and he's the perfect replacement for Fleming so this time we shouldn't waste him opening but chuck him in his best possie with Styris so those two are our rocks if we lose quick wickets.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Taylor at 3 worries the **** out of me sorry Flem. Swap him with Styris
I disagree. He has always batted at 3 throughout his career domestically. Makes sense to have a guy in his normal position. Hes the no3 for NZ for the next 10 years IMO. He has done well at three, but actually a lot of his recent failures have come while batting at 5.

I remember Richardson saying batting no 5 was the hardest position in one dayers, some days you have to come at 200/3 and blaze away from the start, and others you come in at 20/3 and have to play a totally different style to rebuild.

From no3 he can settle and not have to worry about the state of the game as much and just bat.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Nope it's true, injured his ankle while bowling in club cricket. A replacement is to be confirmed
The rumour going around is that Bracewell heard of his selection and ordered the other selectors to take him out of the side, with the false story about his 'ankle'.

FFS, NZ cricket is getting more like Pakistan cricket everyday. The quicker we get rid of Bracewell the better.