• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The avatar challenge

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't see what one has to do with another. Not the first time you've been told something by a mod only to say 'what about this or them?'.

Anyways - fyi - http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=1387089&postcount=17
I realise I overstepped the boundaries. Didn't think you'd need me to tell you that though. While we were on the subject of posts being reported, I just thought I'd ask.

And no offence, but the post you just linked me to was about as effective as Rawl Lewis in Test cricket.

pasag

RTDAS
I realise I overstepped the boundaries. Didn't think you'd need me to tell you that though. While we were on the subject of posts being reported, I just thought I'd ask.

And no offence, but the post you just linked me to was about as effective as Rawl Lewis in Test cricket.
Not really interested in discussing this here, but I can't see very much continuation of the spamming after that post, thus questioning its effectivness is rather odd. If they'd have continued heaps after that then I'd agree, but they didn't.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Okay so I have challenged Pasag on the upcoming Test series between India and Australia...

If India wins or draws the series, I choose Pasag's avatar, one he has to keep forever.

If India lose the test series, Pasag chooses my avatar, one that I will keep forever.

Just waiting for him to officially confirm.
He does have a name y'know...

Either way, Gelman being considerate for mine:
1, avatar-challenges on a forever basis are pointless. The whole idea is that it's temporary.
2, Aseem's gone mad and always is mad when India-playing-cricket is concerned.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
He does have a name y'know...

Either way, Gelman being considerate for mine:
1, avatar-challenges on a forever basis are pointless. The whole idea is that it's temporary.
2, Aseem's gone mad and always is mad when India-playing-cricket is concerned.
The only reason why I said forever, fyi, was because Gelman (happy :p) said put your money where your mouth is when I was bigging up India. And since I am underage to bet, I said fine guess what I'll raise the stakes, I am willing to sell my avatar forever just to prove that I can walk the talk.

And I might be mad but most of the time I am correct.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
The only reason why I said forever, fyi, was because Gelman (happy :p) said put your money where your mouth is when I was bigging up India. And since I am underage to bet, I said fine guess what I'll raise the stakes, I am willing to sell my avatar forever just to prove that I can walk the talk.

Forever is a long time....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

How many times is those "most" though? Once?

I doubt Gelman was meaning everlasting-avatar-bet style money-where-mouth is TBH. In any case, is it really illegal to gamble at 17 in Canada? 8-) Is 16 over here and quite rightly IMO.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
sam says:
you are crazy
sam says:
forfieting your avatar for life
Aseem says:

Aseem says:
gelman
Aseem says:
will be the one
Aseem says:
forfeiting
sam says:
india are gonna get crapped on
Aseem says:
they only thing thatll be crapped on are the australians' ego and arrogance
Aseem says:
i love it when ppl
Aseem says:
doubt my "crazy" predictions
Aseem says:
before
Aseem says:
the series
Aseem says:
i remmeber before the england series
Aseem says:
loved it when india won
Aseem says:
i remmeber manan and every one
Aseem says:
invite me to a convo
Aseem says:
and say how india stood no chance
Aseem says:
loved it when they were proven wrong
sam says:
yeah but this is australia we are talking about
Aseem says:
i know man i know, but i really haf confident, if underdogs never prevailed, there wudnt be something called sports miracle
Aseem says:
miracles*
Aseem says:
trust me on this i know
Aseem says:
wut i m doing
Aseem says:
I hereby announce that I, like Zachary Gelman, will also change my avatar for ever if India win the series.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I hereby announce that I, like Zachary Gelman, will also change my avatar for ever if India win the series.
Sam, you're mad. Tiny as the chances are of India winning said series, everlasting-avatar-challenges are just, well, wholly silly. Can't believe anyone would be willing to enter into one.

Would honestly not mind the boss or Jack stepping in here and saying "stop this nonsense". Because that's what it is. Avatar-challenges are supposed to be fun, having things that last forever will completely ruin it.

I'd expect someone who was foolish enough to subject himself to Hussey for a year would recognise that.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
What a ridiculously dumbass bet Turbinator. Or have you missed the past two Tests?
Great another epic quote to add on to my pile of ones that'll be quoted by me on January 28, 2008. :)

Sam, you're mad. Tiny as the chances are of India winning said series, everlasting-avatar-challenges are just, well, wholly silly. Can't believe anyone would be willing to enter into one.

Would honestly not mind the boss or Jack stepping in here and saying "stop this nonsense". Because that's what it is. Avatar-challenges are supposed to be fun, having things that last forever will completely ruin it.

I'd expect someone who was foolish enough to subject himself to Hussey for a year would recognise that.
Well it's make or break time pal :). It's time people once and for all start walking the talk, as I said before. I've had enough of people saying I make crazily optimistic predictions without actually thinking, well now the only way to combat that is once and for all raising the stakes. Besides it's good we have spiced this series up here on CW, more than it already is.

Plus if people are so confident about Australia winning this, and not losing/drawing, then there shouldn't be a problem, cuz I'm the only one who's going down (which I'll more than happily accept, if it does happen).

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well it's make or break time pal :). It's time people once and for all start walking the talk, as I said before. I've had enough of people saying I make crazily optimistic predictions without actually thinking, well now the only way to combat that is once and for all raising the stakes. Besides it's good we have spiced this series up here on CW, more than it already is.

Plus if people are so confident about Australia winning this, and not losing/drawing, then there shouldn't be a problem, cuz I'm the only one who's going down (which I'll more than happily accept, if it does happen).
The thing is, things can be over-spiced.

What's more, apart from the England series I can't myself think of a silly prediction that you've made that's gone right.

I can think of one that's gone wrong - "India will win the World Cup". Remember that? Now think how it'd feel had you lost rights to your avatar forever because of that.

And you can be as confident as you want about anything - never, ever confident enough to put things as precious (YES, THERE IS AN ELEMENT OF JEST THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!) as avatars on the line.

PhoenixFire

International Coach

Meh, I don't mind Hussey at all actually, that's why I said I'd have him for a year.

And I'm that sure Aus will win.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
The thing is, things can be over-spiced.

What's more, apart from the England series I can't myself think of a silly prediction that you've made that's gone right.

I can think of one that's gone wrong - "India will win the World Cup". Remember that? Now think how it'd feel had you lost rights to your avatar forever because of that.

And you can be as confident as you want about anything - never, ever confident enough to put things as precious (YES, THERE IS AN ELEMENT OF JEST THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!) as avatars on the line.
But I didn't bet on the WC because I was sensible enough not to. But here I am sensible enough too. Anyways I am not backing out, Sam's not backing out, and hopefully Gelman won't either. Let the drama unfold ;). End of discussion.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Meh, I don't mind Hussey at all actually, that's why I said I'd have him for a year.
Why did you even bother with said bet then? Why not just do it of your own accord?
And I'm that sure Aus will win.
That's not really the point - you shouldn't be encouraging Aseem. You shouldn't be taking delight in anyone being so silly as to forfeit their avatar for ever more.

When there is a challenge like this, there can be no winner, is what I'm saying.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Why did you even bother with said bet then? Why not just do it of your own accord?

That's not really the point - you shouldn't be encouraging Aseem. You shouldn't be taking delight in anyone being so silly as to forfeit their avatar for ever more.

When there is a challenge like this, there can be no winner, is what I'm saying.
Dude forget it, get over it, no matter what imo this is not silly at all and I'm not backing down no matter what ( I am that sure India will draw/win ). If not Sam and Gelman, some next guy I am sure will be more than happy to accept. So it's not really Sam that's encouraging, I encouraged Sam.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Because it was a win-win situation for me. I could choose someone elses avatar for a year if Australia loose, but if they won, it wouldn't matter because I deliberatley chose a player that would most likely feature in my avatar anyway.

Aseem is 2 years older than me, I really don't think that it should come down to me encouraging him, he's plenty old enough to make desicions for himself, even if they are crazy and stupid.