• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

Flem274*

123/5
Now would be a nice time for Bond to score his maiden FC century. How many needed? He may only need a fifty with 80 odd from Vettori.

Athlai

Not Terrible
This game is now making me realize just how important both his batting and his bowling are to us.
Yep Franklins pretty damn awesome. I even like him in the ODI squad :-O despite his shocking bowling figures, he should really be averaging below 35 and has been kept in the side due to test form a few too many times for comfort, yet I think he's starting to come into his own as a support bowler and he's a genuine strike bowler if the pitch has something in it. Plus his batting is just getting more and more useful.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
OMG, a test lose to a Saf A side which is demoralising stuff....Bad start to this series...

But hopeful of seeing some one handed efforts like what vettori did in the last two warmupss

My team for first test (assuming everyone in the squad is fit).

Papps (not a fan of this opening partnership at all but bracewell already said they would be picked)
Cumming
Fleming
Taylor
Styris
Oram
Mccullum
Vettori
Bond
Gillespie
Martin

I'm really excited even though I don't give us a great chance of winning since we are playing the 2nd best team in the world in their own backyard with a top order thats likely to fail as usual.

I do like our bowling though if Bond fires, Martin also has a good record vs sa and no matter what people say he is one of the few match winners we have - yes martin does have shocking spells sometimes but on his day he can rip through good batting line ups- The last really good test win we had was way back in 2004 and martin was man of the match then.
The 3rd seamer role is the real question mark here, I'd go for gillespie ahead of mason.

Good luck to vettori is his first test as captain.

Last edited:

Julian87

State Captain
Papps
Vincent
Styris
Fleming
Taylor
McCullum
Oram
Vettori
Bond
Patel/Gillespie
Martin

But in the long run

Papps
Styris/Vincent
Fulton
Fleming
Taylor
Oram
McCullum
Vettori
Franklin
Mills
Bond

Gun side IMO.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone know anything about de Wet and Tsotsobe?

Both guys have outstanding first class records.

They are either very good or the standard of pitches/batsmen in SA FC are ****e

Flem274*

123/5
Papps
Vincent
Styris
Fleming
Taylor
McCullum
Oram
Vettori
Bond
Patel/Gillespie
Martin

But in the long run

Papps
Styris/Vincent
Fulton
Fleming
Taylor
Oram
McCullum
Vettori
Franklin
Mills
Bond

Gun side IMO.
I like your team for the long run though I doubt tyris will ever be a good opener. There's not much point trying anyway as he's only got a few years left.

Guys i expect to see challenge for a spot in that side are Broom, hay, Nicol and Ryder if he stops being a ****. Hamish Bennet may break into that bowling line up in a few years but for now thats the best we have.

Its a shame Franklin and Mills weren't playing yesterday because that game would have been far from over. Though i suspect Franklin and Mills wouldn't have been belted around the park in the first innings like the pretenders we are playing currently.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain

Yeah.. I was just checking their profiles... they look good.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Well, that was embarrassing. Hopefully we can make a respectable go of it in the first test.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Tsotsobe has only played a handful of games and seems to be an excellent prospect indeed.

Not sure about de Wet. Kev would probably know.