• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nfl 2007

steds

Hall of Fame Member
As a brit, I thought it was rubbish. But I suppose it's like rugby league when it's pissing it down and you have to do the union thing and shove it up your jumper and kick for position. Pretty sure Wembley supposedly has a retractable roof. God knows why it wasn't used. Read complaints about length of the grass, too. Any reasons why? What difference would short grass make? Was fine for the Challenge Cup final, which is in the closest sport to American football there is.

Was surprisingly excited about it, considering it was a pointless publicity stunt, though. Got very interested in NFL in the few weeks since a mate of mine (who's originally American) decided to force us all into learning how to play it, with the view to frogmarching us down to a nearby team and signing us up. Decided to support the Texans. Beginning to regret it. Listened to a little bit of commentary last night and it sounded painful.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Decided to support the Texans. Beginning to regret it. Listened to a little bit of commentary last night and it sounded painful.
Picked the wrong team from Texas. Go with the Dallas Cowboys, who are basically the Manchester United of the NFL (in terms of popularity and success)….which may or may not be a good thing according to you. :)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I watched the Dolphins-Giants game on Sky Sports. I don't think that a pitch designed for football (soccer) will be that good for NFL, as they don't even use real grass in most of the stadia, do they?

Showed to the states that NFL does have a (quite) big following over here though, and if it's an annual event, that sounds good to me.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Watched my 1st full NFL game last night Green Bay v Denver and what a game it tured out to be. Brett Favre threw a 82 yard touchdown 15sce into overtime for a Green Bay. Have been you-tube'n him this morning looks like he is a complete legend of the game and seem to love his football.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Picked the wrong team from Texas. Go with the Dallas Cowboys, who are basically the Manchester United of the NFL (in terms of popularity and success)….which may or may not be a good thing according to you. :)
Well, the reason I picked the Texans in the first place is to not look like a glory hunter. :p Need to find a team with a happy balance between not winning too much and not winning at all.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think that a pitch designed for football (soccer) will be that good for NFL, as they don't even use real grass in most of the stadia, do they?
If I was playing a contact sport, I'd feel more comfortable falling on mud and grass than some sort of plastic.

Unless it was bubble wrap, but that might be hard to run on...

Fusion

Global Moderator
Watched my 1st full NFL game last night Green Bay v Denver and what a game it tured out to be. Brett Favre threw a 82 yard touchdown 15sce into overtime for a Green Bay. Have been you-tube'n him this morning looks like he is a complete legend of the game and seem to love his football.
Now that's the type of game I wish the Giants/Dolphins had put on. Favre is a legend. When he retires, he's going to have most of NFL's passing records. He's certainly going to be considered one of the greatest players to ever play the game. And yeah, one reason he's so admired is his love for the game. He seems to always have fun on the field. Perhaps he remembers that after all, he is playing just a game.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well, the reason I picked the Texans in the first place is to not look like a glory hunter. :p Need to find a team with a happy balance between not winning too much and not winning at all.
Steelers are the way to go . :cool:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Don't listen to him steds, supporting the Steelers is like supporting the communists. You're not a dirty commie are you?
What are his choices though ? I mean Commie team or Team of America - Easy pick IMO. ;)

Btw any pick on Pats Vs. Colts?

I am taking Colts over Patriots.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
What are his choices though ? I mean Commie team or Team of America - Easy pick IMO. ;)

I'm going out on a limb and picking the Colts as well. I don't have a valid reason for that. Logic says the Pats should win because they have the better talent and are playing better. However, I just have this feeling that they might be a tad overconfident and also the Colts will have less pressure as underdogs.

Swervy

International Captain

Looking forward so much to this one.This is possibly the best regular season match up we have seen in the NFL for a good 5 years. I cant really pick a winner with confidence though.

The Colts with Manning there can beat any D, and with the Colts D playing at a high level, any other season I would be saying they would be a sure bet to win the whole lot..

BUT...

I am struggling to see exactly how anyone can stop the Pats at the moment. It is scary how easy they are finding it to score, and they have a D good enough to trouble the Colts.

Of course, Brady has not really been pressured behind an OL playing so well. Maybe Dwight Freeny will be explosive enough to get to Brady.

And the Colts have a very tough Pass D this season (like last season in fact), so maybe the matchup is good....although for me, Randy Moss is the leagues best WR this season (why cant the Vikes have him back??? :@ ) and Brady is the best QB this season.

Damn it..I cant call this one.

I am going with the Pats in OT 45-42....:)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Hahaha, this matchup is fun, best in last 10 years of my watching NFL. Good to see you back, Swervy. Dont leave your Vikes when they need your support.

Oh And who would have thrown it to Moss in Minnesotta ?

Swervy

International Captain
Hahaha, this matchup is fun, best in last 10 years of my watching NFL. Good to see you back, Swervy. Dont leave your Vikes when they need your support.

Oh And who would have thrown it to Moss in Minnesotta ?
hey Sanz, I will never give up on the Vikes..although we are done this year. Peterson though is potentially the best back in this league since Barry Sanders, there is hope!!!

Who would have thrown it to Moss in Minnesota??? God knows....it certainly wouldnt be Tarvaris Jackson...hehehe