• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

R_D

International Debutant
lol at Symmonds... talking to Haddin ? No way you could see only reason came out was to have a go at Sreesanth hence why he tried to run him out... Sreesanth must be learning few things from NZ.

Harbhjan stop trying to be an idiot as well, if you can't take it than don't give it.. simple as that. Same goes for Symmonds too.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Oh really? Did you manage to catch a glimpse of all their faces?
Yes I did. My house is just km distance from the ground. I caught them in the practise as my friend's dad works in the ground staff department.. He took me along with him last evening. Aussies are really fired up for this competition

pup11

International Coach
I am really suprised why Harbhajan is still talking about the T20 win over Australia, though it was a great achievement for India to win the T20 WC, but now the Indian team should realize that its history and concentrate on their current commitments (like a professional team).
Btw, Harbhajan and Symonds should be the last 2 men in world of cricket to talk about gentlemanly behaviour!
But there is no doubt that their is no love lost between these 2 sides and we can expect a lot more banter in the upcoming games.

biased indian

International Coach
I am really suprised why Harbhajan is still talking about the T20 win over Australia, though it was a great achievement for India to win the T20 WC, but now the Indian team should realize that its history and concentrate on their current commitments (like a professional team).
Btw, Harbhajan and Symonds should be the last 2 men in world of cricket to talk about gentlemanly behaviour!
But there is no doubt that their is no love lost between these 2 sides and we can expect a lot more banter in the upcoming games.
its aussie players who are attacking him becuase of that indian victory......

not that he is still saying ya we are champions,,,,

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Becuse assuie players are still not over with it,,they are very much still disappointed with that defeat
I disagree. The Indian public and players seem to be going on about it quite a bit, but no-one else really cares anymore, including the Australian players. Sreesanth and Symonds went off at each other because it's in their nature; that's their character. It had nothing at all to do with a game a few weeks ago which no-one cares about anymore.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Loving the aggression TBH. Just what cricket needs IMO, as long as it goes no further than this there shouldn't really be a problem.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hi HB, are queried you on this before, but maybe you didn't see my post so I'll ask again.

I didn't see the event so I'm just trying to sort out the order of things. In this post you seem to indicate that Sreesanth appealed for LBW to Haddin, the umpire said not out. Despite this, for some reason Sreesanth decided to appeal again and the umpire said not out again. Was it immediately after this he tried the unsportsmanlike run out?
hey, I m really sorry. I was at work yesterday and everytime I replied to ur post, one or the other of my superiors came along and I had to close the window. :)

actually, I didn't see the attempted run out or whatever. But I saw the LBW appeal, it was around the 44th over or so and it definitely was too much aggression on the part of Sree and he deserves to be fined or whatever for it. As far as his behaviour towards Symonds is concerned, apart from this run out thing u guys are talking about (which I missed), I don't see how Symonds can be washed off any blame for all that. He is equally guilty and should be fined appropriately, apart from that run out incident, whatever it was. And Gilly should be reprimanded at least for the way he behaved with the umpire after that no ball call and the ensuing free hit. That's all. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, I've said Gilly should get in trouble for talking to the umpire like that. I didn't see anything specific Symonds did that would, or even should get a fine. He had plenty to say, but unless it was racist (which would be unlikely), that's not a problem. Its not everyone's cup of tea, but its not against the rules either.
IF he instigates a fight with a player, no matter how much beyond the rules the players' response was, I still think the instigator should at least get a fierce reprimand.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I never even refered to whatever Sreesanth was saying, I dont know what he said (if anything) and speculation on the subject achives nothing, his actions where out of line though imo.
see my reply to Matt's post on this. I agree that Sree should be fined because it is one thing to confront players and quite another to try and behave like this with the umpires, no matter what the provocation was.

But, if Symonds is the instigator (and I think he was), then he deserves some punishment too, at the very least he deserves a rather severe reprimand.

Laurrz

International Debutant
India do not want to get in a mental battle with Australia, they will get eaten up..just like England and South Africa and basically every team who wants to have a verbal battle with them.... this isn't the English team...

9AM start i believe... there has only been one match played here between RSA and India where RSA won
RSA bowled first and reduced India to 5/35 and from there India was playing catchup

so not a bad toss to lose... however Punter (if playing) will most likely bat first and Dhoni will probably choose to bowl first... meaning it won't matter and we may have to deal with tough conditions to start
Hopefully Gilly will fire as he is due and no captaincy might mean he plays better.. and also our #3 (Punter this time!) .. and make it easier for our gunnish middle order..

pup11

International Coach
I think its the Indian media that has added fuel to fire, just before the start of the series they said how Australians would struggle without McGrath, and how the Australian players are too old to perform at this level now, all sort of trash that one can think of was dished out by the Indian media which probably has only made the situation between the two teams a lot worse.
The same Indian media which was hailing the Indian team after their T20 triumph have now started criticising the Indian team and now they are raising the question whether there is place for the big 3 Tendulkar, Ganguly and Dravid in the current Indian team which is obviously is a pathetic thing to do (and all this is happening just because India lost one match!!)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
its aussie players who are attacking him becuase of that indian victory......

not that he is still saying ya we are champions,,,,
DWTA - they were having a chop at Harbajan because there's history between them and him, not because of the T20 match. If anyone heard when Harbajan came out to bat, you could hear Hayden saying "Gee, well bowled today Harb". Stuff that's not really unusual at all.

I disagree. The Indian public and players seem to be going on about it quite a bit, but no-one else really cares anymore, including the Australian players. Sreesanth and Symonds went off at each other because it's in their nature; that's their character. It had nothing at all to do with a game a few weeks ago which no-one cares about anymore.
AWTA. There's more to it than the T20 thing.
BTW, you avatar is atrocious. Thank God you're in Mitchell (my electorate) and, like me, the seat is so safe that your vote won't count!! :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone else think is an absolute joke that this "free hit" crap has seeped into ODIs now? Such an abysmal rule, even the super sub was better.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jeez, that's coming through in the Australian performance in the last couple of games, isn't it?
dunno abt that but Gilchrist whining about T20 not being the true test of skills and making it seem as though ODIs are true test of skills etc. doesn't exactly show that they are too much "over" it, tbh... They didn't enjoy getting beaten and the fact of the matter is they were beaten reasonably comfortably as well and they didn't enjoy the way Indians celebrated it either. It probably fired them up and perhaps we are seeing the results in the way they are playing, they are clearly playing with a lot of focus, esp. the bowling and fielding, but there is nothing wrong in what Harbhajan said vis-a-vis them not being over their T20 defeat.

His comments about sledging on the other hand....... Pot. Kettle.Black.

Same with Symonds. He is a real loser, AFAIC.

biased indian

International Coach
Jeez, that's coming through in the Australian performance in the last couple of games, isn't it?
jeez, just read wht harbhajan had to say..he is saying aussie players are after him still becuase of the defeat..

After the match Harbhajan was not laughing and said the Australians had shown themselves to be bad losers after their defeat to India in the semi-finals of the Twenty20 World Cup. "They clearly did not like that," Harbhajan said in the Sydney Morning Herald. "They are a very good cricket side, but that does not mean that they can do whatever they want to do.

and i dont see any reason not to belive him with the way aussies where talking to sreesanth and harbhajan during the game

and pls dont consider that i approve wht sreesanth and harbhajan do..i dont and i dont like people talking during the games...........