• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

pup11

International Coach
Uthappa made a dire comment saying that Indian team has the formula for beating the Australians, i mean it takes them just one T20 win make such comments, i mean India should check their recent Odi record against the Aussies, if i am not wrong they have won 2 out of the last 21 Odi's they have played against Australia.
If anything Symonds could have made his comments in regard to Uthappa's comments.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
a quick Q:

Does sledger = Richard...im really confused right now!!!!
Haha... our avatars are currently different, too. :p I've currently got the black-and-white version up, but yeah, sledger has currently got my identity pretty thoroughly stolen, the crafty devil.

Sure he'll take-up his own inimitable style again before long tho. And an interesting place to ask! :) You'd be far more likely to get sledger's attention in OT.

adharcric

International Coach
Uthappa made a dire comment saying that Indian team has the formula for beating the Australians, i mean it takes them just one T20 win make such comments, i mean India should check their recent Odi record against the Aussies, if i am not wrong they have won 2 out of the last 21 Odi's they have played against Australia.
If anything Symonds could have made his comments in regard to Uthappa's comments.
Uhh, I highly doubt that's the reason. If it is, Symonds is really quite stupid for not being able to perceive that Uthappa is just a fired up youngster trying to keep a positive attitude and show some aggresion. Nothing wrong with what Uthappa said, at all. Haven't followed Symonds' comments enough to say much - don't really care anyway.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Uthappa is an idiot. Juniors like him are completely out of place making such pronoincements.

BTW, when diod Uthappa make this statement. I mean the date if you please.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, but establishment as a "star" is. You look less foolish if you're established than if you're a rookie, however promising.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Licking my lips in anticipation of this first ODI, expecting a thriller.

Just as back in the 2003 WC when Australia played in the TVS Cup minus Dizzy, Pigeon & Lee & their depth lead them to a win in at the time still a difficult touring place. Now with the same injury problems arising now in conditions that have becomed a common touring place for the Australian side i expect overall them to come out on top.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
You meant the age of the player, which you deny a few posts back.
Oh you are a psychic ! Aha ! I should have guessed that.

From now onwards I know who to ask every time I dont know what I meant when I said anything.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You meant the age of the player, which you deny a few posts back.
Come on, PC, it is obvious that the word "junior" has many connotations and it was pretty clear what SJS was implying there.

Anyway, how is Uthappa saying "we have the formula for beating Australia" same as what Symonds said? Uthappa talked about the cricket and he never said anything wrong about Australia... Here Symonds is taking a direct dig at Indian players for something which is not their fault. The first one is stupid bravado, at best, while the second is just pure idiocy and nonsense, at best....

btw, I would like to see some links on what Uthappa has supposedly "said" too...

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Come on, PC, it is obvious that the word "junior" has many connotations and it was pretty clear what SJS was implying there.

Anyway, how is Uthappa saying "we have the formula for beating Australia" same as what Symonds said? Uthappa talked about the cricket and he never said anything wrong about Australia... Here Symonds is taking a direct dig at Indian players for something which is not their fault. The first one is stupid bravado, at best, while the second is just pure idiocy and nonsense, at best....

btw, I would like to see some links on what Uthappa has supposedly "said" too...
It appears this is what happened in the talks between uthappa and symonds
http://www.cricket365.com/story/0,18305,6575_2762158,00.html

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Its good to see Symonds geared up well for this ODI series..Love this stuff from him...

Matt79

Global Moderator
Looking forward to the match this evening. Superb timing - the footy grand final wraps up around 5pm Melbourne time, and the cricket starts at 7pm unless I'm mistaken. Gives you time to put the kids to bed, have a pit stop and then get right into the cricket season! :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It'll feel really weird to me, TBH, the Aussie season starting at this time of year and not in Australia.