• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Did I say age ? let me see....
:detective :detective :detective
:confused:
I am getting old...cant see a damn thing ....
"Junior"?
Oh thank you ever so much.

I had not a clue what I meant when I said junior. :dry:
You meant the age of the player, which you deny a few posts back.
Oh you are a psychic ! Aha ! I should have guessed that.

From now onwards I know who to ask every time I dont know what I meant when I said anything.
:blink: Easy on, Liam...

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Eh?, there was no venom or sarcasm in my tone whatsoever, I was pointing out to SJS that by calling a player "junior" he meant the age of the player, that is all. :huh:

Matt79

Global Moderator
I'd likely have read it as a reference to the guy's age, but he's explained what he meant since.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it was pretty obvious SJS meant that Uthappa is a junior because he is very much a fringe player, and hasn't established himself in the starting team. Pup Clarke interpreted that differently, but you have to realise that just because you think something, doesn't mean it's right, particularly when it is a statement somebody else has made and you've interpreted.

As for the comments, I don't think there is anything wrong with them. Uthappa seems to be a confident lad, and really it's all just talk. I don't think that his comments were based solely on the Twenty20 victory, although that undoubtedly contributed.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Always hated Symonds. He just seems like a genuine try-hard bogan. Was quite glad to see India took it up to him verbally in the Twenty20 WC. I can't see someone like a Hussey or Bracken making a stupid comment like he did.

Anyway, hopefully the weather is good enough and we get a game tonight.

pup11

International Coach
Symonds made his comments after Uthappa made his comments (he made these comments a few days back at a press conference) so that is what i think Symonds meant when he said that "they are getting a bit ahead of themselves"!
But its not only Uthappa, the Indian media has also got stuck into the Australian team saying all sorts of bad things about them.
Yesterday in a press conference Dhoni also tried to take a few digs at Ponting (remember Ponting said India's T20 cup win is history now) so Dhoni mocked Ponting saying how Ponting's press conference in which he said all this is history now and how the Australians talk a bit too much then required.
Now from that whatever i could understand was that Indians just don't look ready to come out of their bubble of having won the T20 cup and look at whats next, the other thing that was quite visible was the way Dhoni was trying to present himself in the press conference, he was trying to be more aggressive and thats not the real MS Dhoni (he is a sober and shy individual) its a sign Indians don't want to backdown before the start of the series but they clearly look ratteled atm!!

pup11

International Coach
I saw Australia's probable XI on cricinfo, and i was pretty suprised to see both Hopes and Hilfenhaus omitted from the XI, i would be really pissed off if they pick Haddin ahead of Hopes TBH, the 5th bowler surely would get hammered so Aussies just can't take that risk.
Any news on when Bracken would join the squad??

Matt79

Global Moderator
Would it make a difference if its Clarke getting hammered instead of Hopes?

Better not bloody rain after I shelled out for FoxSports... :@

Matt79

Global Moderator
you have to realise that just because you think something, doesn't mean it's right, particularly when it is a statement somebody else has made and you've interpreted.
By the same token you shouldn't get offended when somebody inadvertently misinterprets what you've said, particularly if its possible you weren't entirely clear.

Perm

I saw Australia's probable XI on cricinfo, and i was pretty suprised to see both Hopes and Hilfenhaus omitted from the XI, i would be really pissed off if they pick Haddin ahead of Hopes TBH, the 5th bowler surely would get hammered so Aussies just can't take that risk.
Any news on when Bracken would join the squad??
After his baby is born I'd say, he's expecting to miss the first two or three matches.

Also, Australia will have four different bowlers to fill up ten overs, so I wouldn't be too concerned. Symonds/Clarke/Voges/Hodge is a reasonable 5th bowling option. They probably don't want to shorten the batting any more than they have to, given that Ponting and Hussey are present.

Last edited:

Perm

By the same token you shouldn't get offended when somebody inadvertently misinterprets what you've said, particularly if its possible you weren't entirely clear.
Maybe if Pup Clarke wasn't so adamant that he was right, then I would think it was weird SJS got a little offended. However Pup told him what he meant, which isn't all that good. Meh, either way I knew what SJS said, and I think everyone does now.

Perm

Interesting to note that the Australians have it over the Indians when it comes to their respective individual records. Also, Symonds has been almost useless against India, let's hope that continues ;)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah, pissed off TBH, especially since England have finished their summer cricket, and South Africa are touring. No cricket for us.
Totally dire. Ah well cricket to come, I guess they'll show both NZ in SA and SL in Aus?

Perm

Totally dire. Ah well cricket to come, I guess they'll show both NZ in SA and SL in Aus?
Sure will. Usually we get cricket from England, South Africa and Australia, plus any other big tournaments.