• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2007-08

Loony BoB

International Captain
Ouch. :p

I don't think he'll be in England or leading an international side. I think he'll hold out for an Italian or Spanish club. Might be wrong, though... can only wait and see!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
am i the only one who isnt particularly surprised by the exit of mourinho? i'm sad to see him leave as i like him a fair bit, however chelsea recently have been absolutely dreadful to watch...not that its likely to change now that he's left..

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
am i the only one who isnt particularly surprised by the exit of mourinho? i'm sad to see him leave as i like him a fair bit, however chelsea recently have been absolutely dreadful to watch...not that its likely to change now that he's left..
Surprised only at the timing.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Wrong person sent off. Joe Cole's tackle was worse. But meh....Mikel's was bad too. Serves him right for choosing the money. Anyway, my first live match I've been able to see and it's a United win. Beautiful.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So then. Abramovich is the new manager. Couldn't hurt to bring in George Graham at this point tbh.

cpr

International Coach
Tbh, the only thing that you can say for Mikel is that he's so toss he even screwed up his 'tackle' on Evra. He lost control of the ball, jumped in two footed, mistimed it, got the bottom foot caught in the grass and got Evra with the other.

Cole's was a shocker. Should've had a pen off him too (dont think the sniper had that one lined up, unlike for Saha......)

Good result though, were in control of the game upto the sending off (Van Der Saar didnt have a save to make, unlike Cech), dominated afterwards. And no longer below City in the league :)

Matteh

Think the sheer quality of players will keep them in the top 4. But i'd be suprised at top 2 itbt.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
John Obi Mikel, Shevchenko, Ballack, Ferreira, Kalou at a push and Wright-Phillips, Ben Haim and Pizarro are all pretty average imo.

Matteh

Compared to the likes of Van der Sar, Neville, Evra, Brown, Saha, Foster, Fletcher. Kuszczak is definitely rubbish. Carrick is sometimes good, sometimes meh.
Combination of fading stars and players just coming out of the youthful potential stage.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Kuzscak isn't that bad at all, really. Pulled off some insane saves during pre-season when I was watching him. I never rated him before then, but I do now.

John Obi Mikel = Average but improving. Don't like him one bit, though. He and Ashley Cole are probably the only two players I just can't stand.
Shevchenko = Out of his league.
Ballack = Also out of his league.
Ferreira = I don't even notice him.
Kalou = I still rate this guy.
Wright-Phillips = Quality player.
Ben Haim = Decent player.
Pizarro = Don't know enough about him.

Van der Sar = Good if only for the first part of the season.
Neville = Who, Phil? :p We miss Neville. Best crosser in the league. But passing it as a defender, sadly... gets beaten too often.
Evra = Definitely quality, one of the best players we have as far as I'm concerned.
Brown = Average to good, but nobody great by any means.
Saha = Definitely quality when fit. He scores goals!
Foster = Haven't seen enough of him. Probably seen more of Pizarro.
Fletcher = Coming good, so long as he's not played outside of central midfield. When he's got licence to attack, his through balls are fantastic. Confident he'll get better.
Carrick = I'm still not sure on this bloke.

I agree with Matteh - Chelsea to stay in the top four, their players are most certainly good enough. You can't focus on the lesser players, anyway, when you have so many stars.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
IMO Chelsea finishing outside the top four is fanciful, however Mitchell is over-rating Chelsea's quality of players a bit IMO, they're not that good.