• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I refuse to believe this win now means Dhoni is a brilliant captain, Indian are brilliant between the wickets and in the field etc etc.
Find me the idiot who is claiming that and every Indian on this site will call him an moron alongside you.

Oh, and apologize for calling me an Indian?!?! :@

sideshowtim

Banned
Its amazing how dumb some people can be.

If Australia are the greatest team in the universe ever, aren't those who defeat them supposed to be thrilled about it ?

Amazing. So next time anyone defeats a champion side, say sorry we disturbed you from your pedestal, put on black clothes and go into mourning till you are thrashed once again.

Then and only then is it a time to celeberate and feel good :dry:
Amazing how dumb some people are.

I'm not saying Indians can't be happy for the win. I'm not saying that at all. I just can't believe some of them think their cricket side has improved out of sight and are just so magnificent now that they've made the final of this tournament. Turbinator seems to think he has a world champion side now. And you seem to think Dhoni is some kind of wonder-captain.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year

I'm not saying Indians can't be happy for the win. I'm not saying that at all. I just can't believe some of them think their cricket side has improved out of sight and are just so magnificent now that they've made the final of this tournament. Turbinator seems to think he has a world champion side now. And you seem to think Dhoni is some kind of wonder-captain.
I always thought that, from the day I watched Indian cricket :p.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
So. India are a lousy side, who cant run, cant field are led by an idiot and they beat Australia.

Anyone thinks this says something about the side they defeated ? :dry:

Just imagine what would have happened to Australia if India were a decent side who could run and field and did not have a moron for a captain. I wonder.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I refuse to believe this win now means Dhoni is a brilliant captain, Indian are brilliant between the wickets and in the field etc etc.
The first one is right but the fielding and running is not due to a miracle cure but new players who are good fielders and runners.

sideshowtim

Banned
Find me the idiot who is claiming that and every Indian on this site will call him an moron alongside you.

Oh, and apologize for calling me an Indian?!?! :@
Sorry for calling you an Indian. Turbinator:

"I'll tell you one thing. Not only has this young side improved our fielding and running between the wickets and enthusiasm etc etc.

But it has showed, that this is not the same Indian team that melts under pressure. Instead, they remain calm and composed under pressure situations and deliver."

And SJS said Dhoni's captaincy is gonna be the best thing for Indian cricket or something.

Nishant

International 12th Man

poor turb...he always gets picked on in these situations!!!

sideshowtim

Banned
The first one is right but the fielding and running is not due to a miracle cure but new players who are good fielders and runners.
Er, did you watch the match? Did you see the Symonds run out? How was that good running? They missed plenty of 2s that were available too. And there were plenty of fumbles by India in the field.

Just because you won doesn't mean your fielding and running between the wickets has improved.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Turbinator:

"I'll tell you one thing. Not only has this young side improved our fielding and running between the wickets and enthusiasm etc etc.

But it has showed, that this is not the same Indian team that melts under pressure. Instead, they remain calm and composed under pressure situations and deliver."

And SJS said Dhoni's captaincy is gonna be the best thing for Indian cricket or something.
I said Malik leads by example when Pakistan beat Australia. Now that I have calmed down, I don't think that anymore. Do you see what I am getting at?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Is it possible thatAustralia have startedchoking when facing the sub-continental sides ? First Pakistan now India. Next Bangladesh ?

:cheers:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry for calling you an Indian. Turbinator:

Wow you really are the biggest idiot on the face of this planet, were you hit on the head by a Kangaroo when you were little?

Honestly, how is saying that meaning India is a world champion side? I am just complimenting our young players.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Er, did you watch the match? Did you see the Symonds run out? How was that good running? They missed plenty of 2s that were available too. And there were plenty of fumbles by India in the field.

Just because you won doesn't mean your fielding and running between the wickets has improved.
Er....did u watch the game against RSA and Eng????? Today was an average day for us....but it was still better than any of the performances in the England series!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, not really. If T20 has taught us anything it's that any team can win on any day. It's a bit of a lottery.
The team that plays better still wins. Remember India have lost an absolute shedload of ODI finals over the past few years, usually with their bowling attack falling apart. Mental (sort of) characteristics like that don't just vanish because you're playing a different format. England still had their knack of botching games, SA still choked.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year

Still we beat you HAHAHAHA :p.

sideshowtim

Banned
Wow you really are the biggest idiot on the face of this planet, were you hit on the head by a Kangaroo when you were little?

Honestly, how is saying that meaning India is a world champion side? I am just complimenting our young players.
Based upon nothing really though. You won, but your fielding and running between the wickets wasn't that good. Nor was Dhoni's captaincy. You won because Yuvraj can clear the ropes, Sreesanth can hit the stumps and Haddin is inexperienced at the death.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
The team that plays better still wins. Remember India have lost an absolute shedload of ODI finals over the past few years, usually with their bowling attack falling apart. Mental (sort of) characteristics like that don't just vanish because you're playing a different format. England still had their knack of botching games, SA still choked.
Exactly, Pakistan were the only exception in the tourney so far. Not completely unpredictable and actually gave consistent performances to date.