• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And that's it. The Pakistani's grow tired of Patel's rubbish and finish it with more than an over to spare. Pretty disappointing effort all round. Batting was poor, Fielding awful and the bowling was very up and down. Well done Pakistan, you thoroughly deserved this win, having outplayed us in every aspect of the game, and only a slight panic towards the end prevented the win from being more convincing.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
We're destined in most sports to go out in the semi-finals. Just wait for the All Blacks to get knocked out in the semi-finals in a couple of weeks :mellow:

Made for so frustrating watching this, Kiwis didn't even make a game of it. Could see the look on Vettori's face, he was more than just annoyed.

You'd have to question the place of Fulton & Oram in the makeup of an ODI/Twenty20 team, and is Taylor the worst fielder in international cricket?
You really think we're gonna make the semi's? I can see us quite easily having a massive brain fart and losing in the quarters against France.

Days of Grace

International Captain
w.t.f? There was no last over.

Another sudden-death semi-final, another **** performance by NZ. Yet another. Have we ever put in a semi-good performance in a sudden-death match?

Oram once again concedes 15 in an over. What a pathetic bowler he has become.

choke, choke, choke. Well done Pakistan.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Can't believe we didn't capitalise on an actual good start, and the dropped catches that completely released the pressure. Well played by Pakistan but jeez, only Gul bowled really well, we should've got at least 160.

GGG

State Captain
Easy and deserving win for Pakistan, the rain didn't help as we had momentum, but our fielding was simply awful.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

Another sudden-death semi-final, another **** performance by NZ. Yet another. Have we ever put in a semi-good performance in a sudden-death match?

He hasn't become a pathetic bowler. He's just no use as a 20/twenty bowler because he lacks the pace and swing of a fast bowler, and yet still bowls fast enough that batsmen can easily take advantage of what pace he has. He's still fine as an ODI bowler in the opening stages, or as a partnership breaker in tests, but in 20/twenty his very style of bowling is destined to be cannon-fodder.

James

Cricket Web Owner
You really think we're gonna make the semi's? I can see us quite easily having a massive brain fart and losing in the quarters against France.
Very true.

Now I'm living in Australia and planning on getting residency soon, perhaps I should start supporting Australia..... much less stressful :mellow:

But all in all, Pakistan deserve their victory, and if we're honest, Sri Lanka or South Africa deserved a semi-final spot more than what New Zealand did.

GGG

State Captain

Didn't help that Taylor dropped a sitter of a catch from Nazir. That over could of been 4/1 if my mum was fielding.

Flem274*

123/5
New Zealand, New Zealand, New Zealand...what to do with you now?

That top order is suffering with no Astle and Fleming

Though its the mental side more than anything. Taylor has shown once again he cannot handle pressure. Oram has shown once again that last season was a one off and that his bowling is deterioating. Vincent once again showing he's a flat track bully. At least we have an excuse to get rid of Bracewell now.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Very true.

Now I'm living in Australia and planning on getting residency soon, perhaps I should start supporting Australia..... much less stressful :mellow:

But all in all, Pakistan deserve their victory, and if we're honest, Sri Lanka or South Africa deserved a semi-final spot more than what New Zealand did.
SA would've done the same no doubt.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Very true.

South Africa... yes. Sri Lanka... no way.

Days of Grace

International Captain
We all know now that it will be an Australia/Pakistan final.

Only a fool would really think that India have a chance against Australia. I will give you the script:

India bat first. All out for 102. Australia win in 12 overs with 2 wickets down.

Australia bat first. Make 232/5. India all out for 146.

Take your pick really. Two really one-sided semis. Two big chokes. Poor advertisement for world cricket really.

GGG

State Captain
If Aussie win today they will murder Pakistan in the final, so for crickets sake I would like a India v Pakistan final.

Athlai

Not Terrible
We all know now that it will be an Australia/Pakistan final.

Only a fool would really think that India have a chance against Australia. I will give you the script:

India bat first. All out for 102. Australia win in 12 overs with 2 wickets down.

Australia bat first. Make 232/5. India all out for 146.

Take your pick really. Two really one-sided semis. Two big chokes. Poor advertisement for world cricket really.
I'm going to hold you to this, India have played well. Any side with a player who can hit six sixes off a decent bowler stands a shot in any given game in this format. I mean come on, Zim beat Aus. This isn't the strongest Aussie side, it'd be silly to count your chickens before they hatch.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Hope Vincent is okay. Bloody hell, that was actually just a medium-paced throw from Patel. If he really let rip, I would really hate to think of the consequences.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hope Vincent is okay. Bloody hell, that was actually just a medium-paced throw from Patel. If he really let rip, I would really hate to think of the consequences.
It was awful to see, Vincent should really have been paying a bit more attention though. Hope there are no consequences from it.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I'm going to hold you to this, India have played well. Any side with a player who can hit six sixes off a decent bowler stands a shot in any given game in this format. I mean come on, Zim beat Aus. This isn't the strongest Aussie side, it'd be silly to count your chickens before they hatch.
We both know that it is a reverse-woof. :)

Don't tell anyone though.