• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Kaif with 110 ODI's and Sehwag with 175 in addition to 50+ test matches are slightly better than "potentially good fringe players" dont you think.
Hence the *.

Also, reagrdless of how many games they have played, they are still on the fringes of the team aren't they?

England have called up Luke Wright for the remaining 2 ODIs. I really hope he plays
He might get the same treatment as Trott.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England have called up Luke Wright for the remaining 2 ODIs. I really hope he plays. :)
As do I, he seems a decent cricketer. Just a real shame Jonathan Trott failed in his two appearances for England, might take him a while to get another chance.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
He was that pinch hitter who did well for the Lions, right? Bet he would go better than Prior up the order.... ;)
He's destroyed a lot of county attacks this year in T20 and Pro40 games He needs to open or come in at no3 though while the fielding restrictions are on. No point bringing him in to replace Bopara / Flintoff too low down the order.

He's not elegant, and a lot of his shots look like badly thought out slogs, but it seems to work :laugh: and im sure as he gets older he'll get some better shot selection even with the slogs. :cool:

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
He's destroyed a lot of county attacks this year in T20 and Pro40 games He needs to open or come in at no3 though while the fielding restrictions are on. No point bringing him in to replace Bopara / Flintoff too low down the order.

He's not elegant, and a lot of his shots look like badly thought out slogs, but it seems to work :laugh: and im sure as he gets older he'll get some better shot selection even with the slogs. :cool:
Like Afridi, Powell, Blackwell and others. :ph34r:

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Like Afridi, Powell, Blackwell and others. :ph34r:
Hey don't scare me like that! :@

One thing I'm not looking forward to is when he gets fast short pitched deliveries aimed at him. He's not the tallest and I'm not convinced he'll be able to attack as much as he does when the likes of Lee et al get after him.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hence the *.

Also, reagrdless of how many games they have played, they are still on the fringes of the team aren't they?
Oh sure they are on the fringe but when you have played that much you dont talk of them as players with potential. They are proven internationals. Theyare out due to being out of form.

Ganguly was out like taht a year back but he wasn't talked of as a 'player with potential' to play for India and listed alongwith young players just making or yet to make their debut.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Hey don't scare me like that! :@

One thing I'm not looking forward to is when he gets fast short pitched deliveries aimed at him. He's not the tallest and I'm not convinced he'll be able to attack as much as he does when the likes of Lee et al get after him.
I thought shorter guys were meant to be better at playing the shorter ball than taller ones.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Well done india in the fifth game. The team for the sixth one-dayer would be
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Gambhir
Yuvraj
Dravid
Dhoni
Robin Uthappa
Munaf patel/Agarkar
Zaheer khan
RP Singh
Ramesh powar
I think chawla needs to be dropped atleast for this pressure game. With agarkar/munaf leaking more than 6 runs per over we cannot afford to have another spinner leaking more than 6 runs per over picking up a wicket or so. It might be better to use ganguly-5 overs , sachin and yuvraj-5 overs as fifth bowler.Also karthik needs to be dropped and instead uthappa with his power hitting can be used behind dhoni.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As do I, he seems a decent cricketer. Just a real shame Jonathan Trott failed in his two appearances for England, might take him a while to get another chance.
They were Twenty20 games though, it must be noted. Faling in two meaningless games in a format where it is quite easily to have a bad day shouldn't really be held against him IMO.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
yh...was a really good hit! He seems to have developed that in his game over the last few years and now he is simply awesome IMO!

cant wait till wednesday!!
Your wait will be over by today! Tomorrow is match day! Enjoy! All the best:)

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Well done india in the fifth game. The team for the sixth one-dayer would be
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Gambhir
Yuvraj
Dravid
Dhoni
Robin Uthappa
Munaf patel/Agarkar
Zaheer khan
RP Singh
Ramesh powar
I think chawla needs to be dropped atleast for this pressure game. With agarkar/munaf leaking more than 6 runs per over we cannot afford to have another spinner leaking more than 6 runs per over picking up a wicket or so. It might be better to use ganguly-5 overs , sachin and yuvraj-5 overs as fifth bowler.Also karthik needs to be dropped and instead uthappa with his power hitting can be used behind dhoni.
1. Not much of a difference ATM. Captain worried whom to pick. Agarkar has been in the side only because Patel is not fit. If Patel is fit tomorrow, Agarkar will sit out IMO

2. And the other thing is: I dont see any reason why Chawla needs to be dropped for this ODI?

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
They were Twenty20 games though, it must be noted. Faling in two meaningless games in a format where it is quite easily to have a bad day shouldn't really be held against him IMO.
But being dropped by your county three times this year probably has…