• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

stumpski

International Captain
It could be that he's just digging in, though - I'm sure India would be quite happy for him to be there at the close, even if he's only made 35 or so.

Lovely shot through the covers there.

adharcric

International Coach
Oh boy, oh boy. A batting paradise and Tendulkar utterly struggling against a very average attack. 3 from 35 balls? striking at 8? Not good enough I'm afraid. The Tendulkar of old would be carving up this attack on a surface like this. Time to call it a day, Sachin.
He pretty much racked up a century at Trent Bridge.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
He pretty much racked up a century at Trent Bridge.
What has that got to do with his performance here ? On a pitch where almost everyone is scoring fluently, Tendulkar is struggling and that's the point that is being made here.

If one keeps playing, he is going to make some decent scores once in a while, doesn't mean 'Yeah Baby - He is back'.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What has that got to do with his performance here ? On a pitch where almost everyone is scoring fluently, Tendulkar is struggling and that's the point that is being made here.

If one keeps playing, he is going to make some decent scores once in a while, doesn't mean 'Yeah Baby - He is back'.
And someone digging in and not scoring with ease early in his innings doesn't mean "He's finished, Yuvraj is better" eiether.

sideshowtim

Banned
Tendulkar dropped by Prior who is an absolutely woeful keeper. Watching Tendulkar out here is painful. He's really struggling on a batsman's paradise.

stumpski

International Captain
For anyone who didn't see it, it should be said that it didn't go straight to him - he had to dive for it - but he did get both gloves to it and an international keeper should expect to pouch those. On TMS they're saying maybe the gap between keeper and 1st slip is too wide?

sideshowtim

Banned
Akmal has improved, if slightly in recent times. But yeah, Dhoni and Prior....hard to split their incompetence behind the stump.

sideshowtim

Banned
For anyone who didn't see it, it should be said that it didn't go straight to him - he had to dive for it - but he did get both gloves to it and an international keeper should expect to pouch those. On TMS they're saying maybe the gap between keeper and 1st slip is too wide?
Got 2 hands to it, should've caught it, despite the fact his footwork was terrible. You'd expect an International keeper to take those every single time mate.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It is when you have been doing it for few years.
What he's been doing for years is totally irrelevant to his value now though. Tendulkar five years ago > Tendulkar now. We all get it. But it doesn't mean he shouldn't be in the side for he's still not convinced me that he's declined so much that he'd be worse than Yuvraj Singh.

sideshowtim

Banned
Dhoni's worse but not by much. I'd say this is the worst series I've ever seen wicket-keeping wise.
Yeah, heard earlier in the day one of the commentators say 90 byes or something already in this series? In 2 tests and not even one day...that's disgraceful.

sideshowtim

Banned
What he's been doing for years is totally irrelevant to his value now though. Tendulkar five years ago > Tendulkar now. We all get it. But it doesn't mean he shouldn't be in the side for he's still not convinced me that he's declined so much that he'd be worse than Yuvraj Singh.
I disagree. I also think Ghambir would be a better option. Hell, if you're going to argue that Tendulkar has a rightful place in the side, I hope you agree that the sacking of Sehwag was terribly unjust, as in the last 3 years he's averaging nearly 20 more than Tendulkar.

stumpski

International Captain
Anyone else listening to TMS at the moment? Graham Thorpe has a real Aussie twang now - I didn't realise it was him at first.

I expect him to start every sentence with "aw, look ..."