• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2007

Chubb

International Regular
Banks is from Anguilla isn't he? That's still a British crown dependency, so he'll have citizenship. I think Arul has played some matches for Devon this season but because Trescothick is available opportunities for the three young openers were limited, and Edwards has played very well this year as the first choice of them.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Well, with a 1st choice team of:

Trescothick
Edwards
Langer
Hildreth
White
Blackwell
Trego
Kieswetter
Jones
Caddick
Willoughby

there isn't really a place for him
! Anyway, if either White or Blackwell are injured, Durston's viewed as the better replacement.
There is always a place for quality. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Anyone watching Notts v Warwicks in the Pro40 on Sky just now? Swann making very short work of the modest Bears total, but I'm really posting about Graham Thorpe, who's be commentating. Is it me, or has he spent waaaaaaaay too long in Oz? Copped the strine big time.

& Trott cleans up Swann as I type; 80 from 50-odd balls tho. Decent knock.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
The Warwickshire bowling has been terrible though. Instead of playing five or six decent bowlers, they try anyone who can bowl a bit of medium pace, and pay the penalty for it. Certainly a seam attack of Carter, Anyon, Groenewald, Streak, Maddy and Trott is going to scare no-one.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Anyone watching Notts v Warwicks in the Pro40 on Sky just now? Swann making very short work of the modest Bears total, but I'm really posting about Graham Thorpe, who's be commentating. Is it me, or has he spent waaaaaaaay too long in Oz? Copped the strine big time.

& Trott cleans up Swann as I type; 80 from 50-odd balls tho. Decent knock.
Yeah Swann looked gun today. But not as gun as Maddy, Christ he just middled everything from the go, absolutely murdered AJ Harris.

The Baconator

True about Thorpe. Been noticing it during the first Test highlights.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
TBH I haven’t noticed any real difference in the way Thorpe speaks other than that his lisp has seemingly departed.

Good to see him on TV and radio though, enjoyed his commentary spell on TMS.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The Warwickshire bowling has been terrible though. Instead of playing five or six decent bowlers, they try anyone who can bowl a bit of medium pace, and pay the penalty for it. Certainly a seam attack of Carter, Anyon, Groenewald, Streak, Maddy and Trott is going to scare no-one.
TBF to Streak he looked like he was carrying an injury but I agree on that the Bears bowling line-up is pretty poor at the moment. Dale Steyn gave them a little bit of class and the likes of James Anyon and Naqqash Tahir really did step it up when Dale was around but I think the Warwickshire batsman let down the side this evening. Last ten overs was appalling, the wicket was flat and the likes of Maddy and Carter upfront were just hitting the ball through the line with no problems at all. Should have at least scored 40 runs more.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Haha Mahmood is so dire it's not funny. He got smashed by Klusener and Van der Wath when Lancs were playing Northants. That you Wakely kid looks pretty decent imo, played Murali pretty well tbh, who incedentally had 4 catches dropped off his 7 overs.

Jungle Jumbo

Lancashire doing their best to stuff up the chase here. There have been several mix-ups in the running in the last few overs alone, to which Northants' reply each time has been to drop the ball. Horton and Croft have joined the party by donating their wickets rather charitably, van der Wath responded by letting one through his legs on the boundary.

The biggest beneficiary of all this charitable goodwill has been Alex Wakeley, who has outperformed the three other offies on show today (Murali, Hodge, Brown), by some way. He's supposedly a batsman too, apparently.