• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off-Season Thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Neither was Le Loux. He was selected as a bowler who was more than handy with the bat. I don't see your point.
I meant in Grade cricket, in terms of Warne. I highly doubt, at Grade level, that Warne would have been considered a batsman who could bowl when he was selected for Victoria. Where, as far as I know, Le Loux was (at Grade level) considered a batsman who could bowl when was selected (at state level, as a bowler). I could be wrong there with Le Loux, which is what I've been trying to ask, basically. I'm perfectly aware of what he was selected as - I'm just not 100% sure of what he was considered as at Grade level at the time - and if he was considered a batsman, why on earth he was picked as a bowler.

In any rate, I think NSW are looking at his batting more than his bowling.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I meant in Grade cricket, in terms of Warne. I highly doubt, at Grade level, that Warne would have been considered a batsman who could bowl when he was selected for Victoria. Where, as far as I know, Le Loux was (at Grade level) considered a batsman who could bowl when was selected (at state level, as a bowler). I could be wrong there with Le Loux, which is what I've been trying to ask, basically. I'm perfectly aware of what he was selected as - I'm just not 100% sure of what he was considered as at Grade level at the time - and if he was considered a batsman, why on earth he was picked as a bowler.

In any rate, I think NSW are looking at his batting more than his bowling.
He was an allrounder in grade cricket. Bowled as much as he batted. Although Tarick has had much more to do with him, than I have following grade scores in Sunday's paper, so I'm sure he could show some light on his career more than I. FWIR Le Loux batted around 4 or 5, but would also bowl 14+ overs in a day/match.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm always thought he was a more of bowling all rounder then a out and out all rounder. I guess they really want someone that can bat at 7/8 and bowl some handy spin. Really think that role will be better off going to a batting all rounder like Steve O'Keefe, considering they will be playing as 2nd spinner. The other thing is with MacGill likely out for a lot of matches due to playing Test, it does open up a 2nd spinner spot. Where Le Loux would be next in line after Casson and Hauritz. Also with Krejza gone there is a spinner spot up for graps in ODs, so if O'Keefe is overlooked, like it seems he probably will be Le Loux would be the favorite for that spot.

Mister Wright

Hmm always thought he was a more of bowling all rounder then a out and out all rounder. I guess they really want someone that can bat at 7/8 and bowl some handy spin. Really think that role will be better off going to a batting all rounder like Steve O'Keefe, considering they will be playing as 2nd spinner. The other thing is with MacGill likely out for a lot of matches due to playing Test, it does open up a 2nd spinner spot. Where Le Loux would be next in line after Casson and Hauritz. Also with Krejza gone there is a spinner spot up for graps in ODs, so if O'Keefe is overlooked, like it seems he probably will be Le Loux would be the favorite for that spot.
Wasn't Hauritz a regular in the OD side last year?

Mister Wright

Yes, but MacGill has retired. The second spinner/#7 batsman spot is open there - Krejza played one or two OD games with Hauritz before going to Tassie last season.
I thought MacGill had retired from ODers last season and Hauritz was the spinner.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I thought MacGill had retired from ODers last season and Hauritz was the spinner.
Yeah, that's correct. NSW sometimes like to play two spinners in OD matches though - hence Krejza playing a few games alongside Hauritz before going to Tasmania. Given Krejza batted #7 when he did this and Le Loux would be more competent as far as batting goes, it may well be an option NSW look at on the slower pitches.

brockley

International Captain
Good chance for lerouz at 7 i think casson and haurie no good at 7,we will have brakken for most the season next season,one dayers don't start to february.

brockley

International Captain
Wa named their contracts langer,mclachlan,doropoulos and kelly from redbacks in,out worthington,james and meulman.
NSW,vics and tassie chased meulman in the past,looks like he will be set for a move,i expect a bidding war for meulmans' signature.
Worthington unlucky 2 many allrounders,and wa has decided on the underpeforming sean ervine for a contract,i guess its a conspiracy to make sure he plays for australia rather than england.Worthington would be a good pick up for the other states,the redbacks down on kelly would be wise to sign him they haven't had an allrounder since mick miller,and ryan harris and weekes have failed to turn into allrounders.
Interesting matt johnson who got a rookie contract is playing for somerset 2nds at the moment,josh mangan got a rookie contract this time.
Anyway hope the blues snap up meulam just in case jaques makes the test team,greg mail a thing of the past now.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
What would happen if Warne played Grade Cricket for some side in the your summer? Would he get 7 wickets every match or be fairly average?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
looks like LeLoux won't sign tbh, will ask him tomorrow.
think he plans to find a job, and have fun playing cricket, NSW would need a big move, and he'd have to leave his gf

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
What would happen if Warne played Grade Cricket for some side in the your summer? Would he get 7 wickets every match or be fairly average?
He played a bit of grade cricket over the past two years. I don't think he's ever taken a five wicket haul in district cricket!

He tends to be very economical, doesn't really get overbowled. Makes a lot of runs though.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
He played a bit of grade cricket over the past two years. I don't think he's ever taken a five wicket haul in district cricket!

He tends to be very economical, doesn't really get overbowled. Makes a lot of runs though.
Yeah I can imagine that tbh, him scoring loads of runs that is.

brockley

International Captain
Redbacks chasing lou vincent,well he is a local boy,would have to give up on playing for the kiwis tho.
Redbacks named 14 contracts and 5 rookies,names yet unreleased.
Redbacks had to fit elliot,blewitt and lehman in their with 100 thou contracts.

brockley

International Captain
Blewitt had a year on his contract to run and no one else wanted him or wanted to pay 100,00 for him.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I would have thought that he wouldn't be officially "contracted", they'll just pay him out.

Supposedly Paul Nobes has said that Blewett won't play for SA again while Nobes is selecting.

Mister Wright

I remember him commentating during a Ford Ranger game last year saying that the Redbacks were no longer going to select him and he basically said if any state wanted him he would play for them.

Seems a very strange situation.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I remember him commentating during a Ford Ranger game last year saying that the Redbacks were no longer going to select him and he basically said if any state wanted him he would play for them.

Seems a very strange situation.
I'd take him for NSW, tbh. He may be past it and he may be injury prone, but he adds experience which is all we've been paying Greg Mail to do. Pay him whatever Mail is getting at the moment and then keep him on once he retires as a batting coach for the younger players.