• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off-Season Thread

mefly

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Mister Wright said:
Would Hogg play if he was available anyway? WA seemed to not pick him all that much last season even though he was playing for Australia. Although I guess that will change without Casson this season.
hopefully he plays in one dayers, he is so exciting bowling the late overs in ODs:dry: .

meflymatty

Cricket Spectator
brockley said:
Australias' rep players will be available for the domestic one day final in february.
the domestic season will be the show of the amatuers coz they will take people like cullen, cosgrove, johnson, clark etc. to the ashes

brockley

International Captain
Victoria will tour india,singapore and srilanka next month the team will be captained by laurie mash and include spinners jon holland and shane jones,seen as prep for next season and a chance to get used to subcontinent conditions.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
brockley said:
Victoria will tour india,singapore and srilanka next month the team will be captained by laurie mash and include spinners jon holland and shane jones,seen as prep for next season and a chance to get used to subcontinent conditions.
Where's McNamara! Outrage if he's not in the side.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well it seems quite pointless to me, obviously there will be limited discussion about the two players and their shift but I really can't see the point, surely there would have been a better way to go about it. Digging last season's thread or even an Australian Domestic Cricket thread, if one exists.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, it's been done before and we'll do it again.

Pretty sure it's Tim MacDonald moving, not Tim Ferguson. Unless "Don't Forget Your Toothbrush" has made an almighty return.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Anyways, supposedly Wade has been brought over to put some real heat on Crosthwaite. Peter Nevill played 2nd XI all year (although if Crosthwaite had've gotten injured, they probably would have played Pilon) and didn't do great with the bat, although he's a very good gloveman. Coyle, Tasmania's coach, alluded to Victoria guaranteeing him games, but I'd doubt that would be the case - he's just engaging in some gamesmanship. Although I'd expect him to play at some stage of the season.

Shippy and Saker (even though his contract wasn't renewed) both had big wraps on him from their time in Tassie. Believe he made a 100 in a grade final (same one that Watson made 300 in).

I guess Chuck Berry taking over Saker's role is the other big change in Victorian cricket.

brockley

International Captain
Why did they do away with saker he did a good job.
Be interested who gets the academy position.
Perm its news and contracts are coming out soon may 14 so their will be discussion about that.
Am interested who new south wales will contract this season,wouldn't mind allan wise from victoria the vics will have to sign 8/9 pacemen this year who played or cu a few.