• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A few more mods with ban powers?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's now banned again. He's doing it from his school too, so if he does it again they'll be receiving an email from me about it. I doubt they'd care but you never know.... certain organisations have in the past.....

A good point has been raised in this thread though. Rich T and I will look into this further once the WC is over.
Sorry about that James, I'll ask him to refrain from doing it in future.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A likely story...

Nah, don't fret - you're certainly not the first to have both friends and less-than-friends spot you browsing the forums at school\college and have the place suffer for it. There's been several instances of it down the years, this being the most notorious example.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Nah, don't fret - you're certainly not the first to have both friends and less-than-friends spot you browsing the forums at school\college and have the place suffer for it. There's been several instances of it down the years, this being the most notorious example.
Seen that several times now. Still hilarious IMO. :laugh:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I find it amusing that the accusations regarding Neil and his brother were pretty much ignored, that must be a flamers worst nightmare.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Seen that several times now. Still hilarious IMO. :laugh:
Hell yeah. Magnificent stuff.

And I bet it was me linking to it on all occasions too...

BTW - how many of your schoolmates was it you brought here...? Scott and Adil, wasn't it?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I find it amusing that the accusations regarding Neil and his brother were pretty much ignored, that must be a flamers worst nightmare.
The place was one hell of a lot quieter then.

Nowadays there'd be 50 replies in a matter of minutes.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
BTW - how many of your schoolmates was it you brought here...? Scott and Adil, wasn't it?
Adil's brother Danish joined a while ago too but didn't stay, neither did Scott (though tbh he was never much of a cricket fan, he just saw me trplying to a topic and wanted to make a comment there). Only Adil still posts occasionally.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, Danish was another of your clan was he...

Yeah, I did just happen to notice Scott was only around briefly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As I say - it's certainly not unique, I'd bet most of us have mates and acquaintances who'd do such a thing - it's just the odd few have been unfortunate enough for it to actually come to pass.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Neil's life is being horribly eaten by cricket and teaching. Plenty of people have my mobile number if things need urgent attention though.