• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Plunkett - "Freddie Flintoff is the best bowler I have ever seen"

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hero-worship of your own team-mates... dear oh dear...

I seriously hope Plunkett never got into cricket until 2001, and as a result never saw Curtley Ambrose.

Mind, he saw Glenn McGrath on this very tour, so that's no excuse.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hero-worship of your own team-mates... dear oh dear...

I seriously hope Plunkett never got into cricket until 2001, and as a result never saw Curtley Ambrose.

Mind, he saw Glenn McGrath on this very tour, so that's no excuse.
And Warne, for that matter.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
But surely in his youth he would have seen the likes of Akram, Donald etc too.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Plunkett - "Freddie Flintoff is the best bowler I have ever seen"

Substitute bowler for drinker :p

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
That's rich coming from someone who said anything more than 7 an over in the last 10 was impossible with Collingwood at the crease.
Not as rich as someone who believes Steve Harmison is a great or even good bowler. And I believe your paraphrasing me which probably indicates my wording was slightly different and considering the comment was made in regard to a performance against an associate member, doubtlessly tongue was firmly placed in cheek, if not so what?

Plunkett is currently nothing more than ordinary and Paul Collingwood can score quick runs against amateur cricketers, great stuff!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
TBF to Plunkett his not played with much great bowling talent over the years, Steve Harmison, Graham Onions and Mick Lewis have been or are his club team-mates.