• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Fusion

Global Moderator
I don't know much about basketball, but what's stopping Kobe winning it this year? He won it last year didn't he? And this one his stats have been immense
Steve Nash won it last year. Kobe won't win it this year because his team is not a contendor and has kind of fallen apart recently. The MVP usually goes to someone who's team is in contention for the title. Not always, but usually is the case.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be extremely harsh on Dirk & Nash if Kobe did win it, i mean, scoring 50+ in four straigh games is a phenominal performance, but surely his scoring ability alone cannot win him the MVP when Nowitzki & Nash have led their teams on 16/17 game winning streaks and in the meantime racked up immense all-round stats.

Johnners

King James gets the Cavs over the line against the Bulls with 8 OT points after the bulls lead by 4 with just over a minute to go. This gives the cavs a 1.5 game break on the bulls for 2nd place in central division. :D

open365

International Vice-Captain
I just watched the Suns V the Mavericks and can see why Nash is MVP, man that guy is awesome, Nowitski was off his game an the mavericks defense was a bit **** but Nash's vision and ball passing was superb.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I just watched the Suns V the Mavericks and can see why Nash is MVP, man that guy is awesome, Nowitski was off his game an the mavericks defense was a bit **** but Nash's vision and ball passing was superb.
Not only is he MVP and awesome, he's also Canadian :cool:. Killer combo tbh.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Not only is he MVP and awesome, he's also Canadian :cool:. Killer combo tbh.
nash was great as usual(does he ever have an off night?) but dampier's absence at center had a lot to do with dallas' woes in this match, anyway well played suns, a great psychological boost for them, shooting 65% for the night, that is incredible!:)

Fusion

Global Moderator
Methinks Avery made a mistake by playing his starters in this game. He should've done what Greg Popovich did with San Antonio a few years ago. Like Dallas, SA was in first place that year facing the 2nd place Suns. Greg knew that SA had nothing to gain from that game. If they won, they were still in first place and the status quo remained. If they lost, then they gave their probable playoff opponents a psychological advantage. So he rested his starters and lost the game. Phoenix didn't gain anything from that game because they won against the bench. Dallas should've done the same thing here. Damp was out, Dirk had twisted his ankle a few days ago…it was just not an ideal situation. In any case, I'm not too bothered by this result. It's a different game in the playoffs, as we all know. I'm not taking the Suns lightly, mind you, but believe the results would be different in a 7 game series. :)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Methinks Avery made a mistake by playing his starters in this game. He should've done what Greg Popovich did with San Antonio a few years ago. Like Dallas, SA was in first place that year facing the 2nd place Suns. Greg knew that SA had nothing to gain from that game. If they won, they were still in first place and the status quo remained. If they lost, then they gave their probable playoff opponents a psychological advantage. So he rested his starters and lost the game. Phoenix didn't gain anything from that game because they won against the bench. Dallas should've done the same thing here. Damp was out, Dirk had twisted his ankle a few days ago…it was just not an ideal situation. In any case, I'm not too bothered by this result. It's a different game in the playoffs, as we all know. I'm not taking the Suns lightly, mind you, but believe the results would be different in a 7 game series. :)
sure i believe dallas would win a 7 game series...it's just that the suns in full flight with nash piloting them are so entertaining...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
against the suns? the fact that offensively they are almost as good and defensively they are much better? if all their key players are present and healthy, dallas will win...
We'll see. I usually dont bet in favor of the regular season monsters. I want Golden State to make Playoffs as the last team, they matchup pretty well with Mavs. :)

Johnners

I want Golden State to make the play-offs, just so J-Rich gets more of a chance to play :)

Fusion

Global Moderator
We'll see. I usually dont bet in favor of the regular season monsters. I want Golden State to make Playoffs as the last team, they matchup pretty well with Mavs. :)
Yeah the Wariors can give the Mavs matchup problems. In a 7 game series, you would expect the Mavs to beat them of course. However, the point is to beat them in 5, not 7, so Dallas can stay fresh for the next round. Incidently, all those predicting a Mavs-Suns Conference final need to slow down. Not only do the Mavs have to make it that far, but the Suns have to beat the Spurs to get there. I wouldn't take the Spurs lightly if I were the Suns.

Fusion

Global Moderator
against the suns? the fact that offensively they are almost as good and defensively they are much better? if all their key players are present and healthy, dallas will win...
To add to that, the Suns basically have a 6 man rotation, while the Mavs have the deepest bench in the league. The Suns would be more tired by the time they make it to the Conference finals than the Mavs. That's specially true of Nash, who tires down each year as they go deeper into the playoffs.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
To add to that, the Suns basically have a 6 man rotation, while the Mavs have the deepest bench in the league. The Suns would be more tired by the time they make it to the Conference finals than the Mavs. That's specially true of Nash, who tires down each year as they go deeper into the playoffs.
i was going to add that, then thought i'd keep my explanation at a high level...:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the warriors might give them a fight but if you expect them to beat the mavs, you are in for a severe disappointment....:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah the Wariors can give the Mavs matchup problems. In a 7 game series, you would expect the Mavs to beat them of course. However, the point is to beat them in 5, not 7, so Dallas can stay fresh for the next round. Incidently, all those predicting a Mavs-Suns Conference final need to slow down. Not only do the Mavs have to make it that far, but the Suns have to beat the Spurs to get there. I wouldn't take the Spurs lightly if I were the Suns.
i for one am not expecting a mavs-suns final yet and wouldn't be in the least surprised if the spurs beat them...

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Dallas aren't a great defensive team, despite Avery's continued efforts, and lack an inside presence. Their bench is nothing special.