• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

most popular cricketers

FBU

International Debutant
1. Cook
2. Pietersen
3. Read
4. Hodge
5. SBroad
6. Nel
7. Asif
8. Hilfenhaus
9. Johnson
10 Steyn
11 Anderson

:) I prefer bowlers to batsmen and my favourites are not the best but hopefully one day they will be.

12th man Gayle.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
could you all please post a team of your favourite players and ill count up which players are stated the most. please everyone try do it coz the more people the better it will be.
My turn.

Graeme Smith (:p @ Brumby ... :schmoll: too)
Michael Vaughan
Salman Butt
Jacques Rudolph
Marcus North
Kumar Sangakkara
Andrew Flintoff
Dave Mohammed
Shane Bond
James Anderson
Muttiah Muralitharan

why should you have to anyway, id be surprised if most people didnt have their teams 75% of players from their own country...
27%

adharcric

International Coach
Brian Lara
Suresh Raina
Yuvraj Singh
Sachin Tendulkar
Sreesanth
Muttiah Muralitharan
Shahriar Nafees
Mashrafe Mortaza
Michael Hussey
Shane Bond

Last edited:

open365

International Vice-Captain
1. Mal Loye
2. Greame Smith
3. Sreeshanth
4. Hayden
5. Uthappa
6. Stephen Flemming
7. Stuart Law
8. Kyle Hogg
9. SS Das
10. Grant Robinson
11. Francois Du Pleisis

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm a bit surprised that S would make your list of likeable players, TBH. Seems like the sort of guy who thrives on being a nutcase, like Andre Nel, and hence not someone who'd be widely liked outside his own team.

I know you're a fan of his own team, and all that, but I thought the excercise was to name a few you thought were widely liked, not those that were your own faves.

adharcric

International Coach
I'm a bit surprised that S would make your list of likeable players, TBH. Seems like the sort of guy who thrives on being a nutcase, like Andre Nel, and hence not someone who'd be widely liked outside his own team.

I know you're a fan of his own team, and all that, but I thought the excercise was to name a few you thought were widely liked, not those that were your own faves.
I was under the same impression at first - you may have seen me name a "universal" list back on page 2 (since deleted). I realized that pretty much everyone else was just listing their personal favorites so I did the same. By the way, it's Shantakumaran Sreesanth, Sree Sreesanth or Sreesanth, not S. :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, sorry, he's now listed in Wisden as S Sreesanth - so that's how it is. (Damn it, no stuck-up smiley)

For me, he will now forevermore be S.

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
good work everyone...keep posting your teams, would be great if everyone could do it the more the better. then ill count them all up and see cricket webs favourite team of players.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
good work everyone...keep posting your teams, would be great if everyone could do it the more the better. then ill count them all up and see cricket webs favourite team of players.
I think the results might be skewed though, as the posts at the start were more listing the most popular cricketers, while the posts in the last few pages have been posts of genuinely "favourite" teams. If you actually want to do that, you might be better served starting a new thread and asking for people to post their favourite lineups.

maheshprasad

Cricket Spectator
I Like The Best Team

in the batting order

1.Sachin
2.Sangakkara(wk)
3.Kallis
4.Lara
5.Inzamam
6.Pietersen
7.Flintoff
8.Pollock