• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Signup Announcements/Introductions

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It has?

Perhaps you could point me in the direction of the logic behind it all then?
How many "super-rookies" are there in the League? The best batsmen are those with some experience behind them. And it's not impossible for someone to come into FC and OD cricket successfully at the outset anyway. See Adrian Barath and Kieron Pollard.

The fact is that not everyone enters with the same level of skill.

It's been proven time and again that the experienced players tend to dominate the top performers practically every season.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
WTF, is that seriously your justification for that? Well for one, you don't play for us. Or Butler, or Dauth, or Kearsley, or Mamesh, or Fitzsimmons, or Young.

List goes on.

If that's serious it's ridiculous.
Ah. Now that you want rookies, your side suddenly doesn't have all the best players any more. Odd, that.

Seriously: the idea was suggested by Age in the first place. Since Green are next in line and both Liam and I saw the logic behind it (they might have wanted to pick him over Kerr, after all), that's how the decision came about.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't mind the decision, is fair for mine, but your (hopefully not official) reason for that is terrible.

I never stated that we didn't have the best players (Cloete's one of if not the best in CW history) but you name me 9 batsmen in our side that are better than you or Mamesh. I could probably name 2. It's debatable if our side's even the best in CWLand, with Colts FC batting lineup now definately better (ours is pretty average bar Cloete) and their FC bowling unit has some pretty big names.

So sick of being vilified tbh. Especially by a board member of all people. If you hate us so much why don'y you kick us out of the comp.

Loony BoB

International Captain
He said he was being sarcastic afterwards, I'd say that's good enough for me. Don't want this place to get too political.

EDIT: One should note, though, that sarcasm without smilies (or something similarly obvious) is never read as sarcasm on the internet.