• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - New Zealand, England, Kenya, Canada

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Well, obviously it's totally unacceptable that he was out at 4am, drunk and nearly drowning himself, but he is still a hero, doing that doesn't take that away from him.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Canada doing really well, but 140 in 18 overs...I think it's gonna be a bridge too far.

Swervy

International Captain
Yeah, top effort from Canada, but a RRR of 7.60 is a lot too much.
I think England better start worrying here, this is not going their way. 7.5 an over with wickets in hand is pretty managable.

Could England be out of the WC tonight??????

Swervy

International Captain
Its pretty poor this by England. Whilst other teams are destroying the 'minnows' (ok except Ireland), England are making Canada look as though they are of roughly the same ability.

Sure England will probably win, but they will win ugly, and it MAY bite them on the arse if somehow the Group placings are decided on net run rate

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Despite England being nothing but average, You have to admire the fight from Canada. Been a nice game for me personally, Having loyalties for both teams and happy not to see them rolled over. Hopefully England will improve, because they have also had some harsh luck in their bolwing. Panesar couldve had 3 if the umpires and fielders were awake.

Main thing is we seem to have avoided the banana skin, if you win these games thats all that matters, a win is a win in any sport. Dalrymple is getting turn, Monty is impressing, and Bopara has made a sound World cup debut in the circumstances. It only takes one player to raise his game and you have won the match. Pietersen, Vaughan, Joyce, even Bopara are guys who can, and will, grab a game by the balls and almost single-handedly win a game.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's the problem with Panesar, when he looks like he should get wickets, he's bowling well and there's help there in the pitch etc. he still only ends up with figures like 1-40.

And of course there'll be times when there's not much there and he'll bowl 6-7 relatively expensive overs.

Scaly piscine

So anyway when Fred comes back, does Dalrymple get left out or Bopara? Or do England not play Bopara and Dalrymple and bring in Lewis to bolster the bowling?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's a big question.

I'd think that Dalrymple being a spinner will get him the nod in the prevailing conditions, but Bopara has hardly done badly, so maybe they go with just the one spinner and try for more out of KP.

Scaly piscine

Oh and I think Vaughan really has to stop bringing Plunkett back for an odd over in the middle of the innings. He needs to bowl when the batsmen are going for it (near the end) or with the new ball. A daft spell of one/two overs in the middle of the innings when the ball isn't swinging is pointless. He'll bowl a bad ball and there'll be little wicket-taking capacity.

Quite happy with the margin of 51 runs, looked like it was going to be worse. The margin is effectively bigger than Kenya managed, which means unless Kenya thrash NZ and NZ thrash Canada England shouldn't need to beat Kenya by a decent margin. I figure thrashings are unlikely anyway on a slow pitch - they're a bit of a leveller.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
For the Kenya game my X1 would be

Ed Joyce
Michael Vaughan
Ian Bell
Kevin Pietersen
Paul Collingwood
Andrew Flintoff
Ravi Bopara
Paul Nixon
Jon Lewis
Monty Panesar
James Anderson

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
Today I am really proud to be canadian ..... Eventhough we lost to england I am proud of all of our players ..... Accountants, Auto Mechanics, Grocery Store Clark's .... everyone. Well Done Boys !!! We will have a few drinks on me when you guys get home !:)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Today I am really proud to be canadian ..... Eventhough we lost to england I am proud of all of our players ..... Accountants, Auto Mechanics, Grocery Store Clark's .... everyone. Well Done Boys !!! We will have a few drinks on me when you guys get home !:)
Yup very proud of the Canadian team atm, but then again it's only England :p.