• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I'd like to see the conditions for the Vic vs Qld match....Victoria all out for 165, and Queensland already four down for 28 in their second innings.
NSW also collapsing pretty badly....currently at 9/49.

brockley

International Captain
New south wales pittiful hope the media gives them a shollocking in the media tomorrow,the single most awful effort ever by a NSW team :dry: .
WA vs Vics for the final will come down to run rates.
Tassie to win the final.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
This McDonald bloke seems to coming along well, if he keeps it up could break into the ODI team by the end of the year.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
This McDonald bloke seems to coming along well, if he keeps it up could break into the ODI team by the end of the year.
More of a chance to make the test team imo.

Needs something like 22 runs to take 25 wickets and make 750 runs in a season. He would be only the 3rd person to ever acheive this.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must have been a fair knock from Perren.

These runs won't be easy to get for Victoria.
Perren is such a gun when things are looking tough and the pressure is on. He & Bichel have been involved in just about every reargaurd action, fightback for Queensland in the last 2/3 years

brockley

International Captain
Yes awesome year by mcdonald.
NSW can still make the final,the sa wa game could be headed for a draw tea and sa only 2 wkts down wa 1 bowler short.
Am excited by forrest and rohrer showing amazing promise,don't see greg mail,mrray creed or james packman getting another state contract,craig simmons may miss out too.
We won't beat tassie but wa have to peform a miracle to win,and if they don't win we will have katich and nicho back.
I would drop casson for nicho,dunno who makes way for katich tho,bit hard to drop rohrer especially if he gets a 100.

social

Not quick enough as a bowler - low 120s

Not good enough as a bat - plays in the low middle order

social

Just saw where Hilfenhaus has taken over 50 fs wickets this season - must come close to a test berth next year as he bowls outswing at good pace

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I can't believe NSW made the Pura Cup final, honestly this has to be the worst NSW side in over a decade and we make the final. People always say that Australia has the best domestic competition with the greatest depth. But seriously people must be seeing that the depth not that great when a crap side likes this makes the final. I thought the last NSW side to make the final was pretty average to especially the batting, this side is far worse.

Australia probably still has the best domestic competition, the gap is closing very very fast IMO. Maybe now a NZ state sides can offer something to Pura Cup, can see a South and North Island side in the comp in the next couple years or South Africa and England may take over as the best domestic comps.

I can't see us beating Tasmania, especially considering the pitch is likely to road. But decent effort to make the final with crap side.