• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**OFFICIAL Cricketweb Football Premiership Discussion and Results Thread** Season 1

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
It's becoming a bit of a farce this, with so many goals being scored. At the moment, Goughy, Kennett amd Dravid are just going to keep getting better quicker than anyone else.
Maybe. However the counter arguement is that Smith is the 3rd or 4th ranked striker and he cant find the net :D Maybe tactics have something to do with it. Also Id like to include Hutchinson in any discussion about strikers as he has been brilliant for The Swell.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
It's becoming a bit of a farce this, with so many goals being scored. At the moment, Goughy, Kennett amd Dravid are just going to keep getting better quicker than anyone else.
I would add a certain Myles Hutchinson to that list as well. Also noticed that the keepers improvements have slowed down, so it could get even worse in the future. I think a lot has to do with the high number of players out from some sides also. At the start of the season there was next to no injuries, now all of sudden there are all these extended injuries. Add to that the large number of defenders getting 2 match suspensions. It could be a case of last man standing here or who can score more going between Dravid, Goughy, Kennett or Hutchinson that wins the title.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe. However the counter arguement is that Smith is the 3rd or 4th ranked striker and he cant find the net :D Maybe tactics have something to do with it. Also Id like to include Hutchinson in any discussion about strikers as he has been brilliant for The Swell.
I would say Smith inability to find the back of the net has more to do with injury to himself and the large number of players out. I would say i full strength regardless of the tactics he will be finding the back of the net as regular as the others.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I would say Smith inability to find the back of the net has more to do with injury to himself and the large number of players out. I would say i full strength regardless of the tactics he will be finding the back of the net as regular as the others.
I wasnt being entirely serious :p

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
I find it funny that some guys can't stop scoring goals and others forwards struggle to find the net. I think 80% of my goals have been pens, 5/7 in fact, missed about 10 though. Strange little sim we got here very strange.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
I would add a certain Myles Hutchinson to that list as well. Also noticed that the keepers improvements have slowed down, so it could get even worse in the future. I think a lot has to do with the high number of players out from some sides also. At the start of the season there was next to no injuries, now all of sudden there are all these extended injuries. Add to that the large number of defenders getting 2 match suspensions. It could be a case of last man standing here or who can score more going between Dravid, Goughy, Kennett or Hutchinson that wins the title.
I feel so loved:happy: :p

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
I get great pratice from the boys, and they are only going to get better, In fact, who'd be the first to 60 in striking?

luffy

International Captain
Swell are in a bit of form!! Disapointed being taken off after 18 mins though tbh.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Swell are in a bit of form!! Disapointed being taken off after 18 mins though tbh.
Yeah, I understand the frustration. However, we had a defender sent off and with so long left in the game it was only sensible to take a AM off for a defender.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very disapointed with my performance. What a shocker! When it isn't going your way, it turns bad. Hopefully I can turn it around for the next game.

Cloete

International Captain
What a brilliant win. Thamba was sensational and Dave and Rodgie had great games too. Delighted with my performance as well, especially pleased to have made the team of the week. Top team performance all round!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Captains,

Sorry for the delay in putting up the updated Data Sheets.. I totally forgot about them... I will try and post them up this afternoon, and ask once they are done can you please get your teamsheets in ASAP after that...

luffy

International Captain
Yeah, I understand the frustration. However, we had a defender sent off and with so long left in the game it was only sensible to take a AM off for a defender.
It's cool mate, just do what's best for the team :)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The other problem is that it seems to be mainly defenders getting sent off (of course, natural in a sense), hence they'll improve much slower than the attackers.

David

International 12th Man
Maybe you should just have a stock improvement for all at the end of each season? With maybe a slight slight slight slight improvement above and beyond for high achievers....

?