• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Adam or whoever do you have a decent estimate of the wage range for exquisite? I figure Summers is a fairly high exquisite based on comparisons (Pugh's wage is only another 27k despite being 2 bowling levels higher with secondaries that would be equivalent (in terms of wage) to Summers).
The formula suggests £33k to £44.2k plus secondaries...but you probably knew that already!

£57.6k to £74k for Miraculous, which is what I assume Pugh is, so a 27k difference could still indicate low Exquisite.

By the way Summers is ranked number 6 in the bowling rankings, Whitehorne 12th...
*jealous*

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea the formula is crap, the increases/range should be much higher as you go along than the formula suggests. Lovegrove has nearly 42k wages and just popped to exquisite, his secondaries would knock him down to about 33-35k for his primary which was obviously high sensational when his wages recalculated. I figure Summers' primary made up about 50k of his wage.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I'm thinking about buying this guys as my 3rd seamer, whats your thoughts. Going at 850k ATM which seems fairly cheap compared the prices similar players where going for last week. I was bidding on a similar guy last week and he sold for 1.5 mil:

Seymour Sisk (888083)
RH Batsman, LM Bowler, respectable batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Parkway Sports
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 8,804
Wages: £1,818 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: strong Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
I wouldn't go for Malik personally unless he's really cheap, even when he plays NT his wages are costing you nearly 50k. If he gets superseded in the NT team then he's costing you over three million a season. You could train that other guy up to exquisite and you'd recoup the training costs in the very manageable wage, plus he'd be far more saleable in the future and his wage at exquisite would still be way less than 141k.
Cheers mate :)

mikeW

Just logged back on after a few days and all I can say is - Mike Wilson = bad bloke.
Why is that? Its not my fault you did a backflip on wanting Tahir( its not like i told you to bid on him) and at that stage i wasnt sure what i was doing with Herbert and was probably going to buy him back so i wouldn't of had enough money to buy him back had i bought Tahir.

Last edited:

mikeW

Do people think 7 million for Bertos is excessive or is it a good price and that i should bid on him?

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Joseph Gretton (1035808)
RH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Grasscutter CC
Battrick Rating: 12,243
Wages: £952 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

Is he worth 110K, as i am out looking for a keeper.

Edit: I also have around 1 Mil in finances.

Last edited:

mikeW

Joseph Gretton (1035808)
RH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Grasscutter CC
Battrick Rating: 12,243
Wages: £952 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

Is he worth 110K, as i am out looking for a keeper.
i'd say he would be a decent buy but i wouldnt bother training him.

mikeW

Marvin Bertos (322964)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A cautious player with superb leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: Team Mullet
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 106,390
Wages: £27,919 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: exceptional Concentration: masterful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: superb
Fielding: superb

Got him :D

Gives me a good chance of maybe promoting this season now.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I'm thinking about buying this guys as my 3rd seamer, whats your thoughts. Going at 850k ATM which seems fairly cheap compared the prices similar players where going for last week. I was bidding on a similar guy last week and he sold for 1.5 mil:

Seymour Sisk (888083)
RH Batsman, LM Bowler, respectable batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Parkway Sports
Battrick Rating: 8,804
Wages: £1,818 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: strong Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble
Ended up buying this guy for 902k, pretty happy with the price. That gives me a bowling attack of superb/med, strong/med, strong/woe, strong/fee and proficient/feeble. Owned by secondaries but doesn't seem to make major difference yet.

So Clapo you can list Groves when ever you want, as i got my 5th bowler already.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Ended up buying this guy for 902k, pretty happy with the price. That gives me a bowling attack of superb/med, strong/med, strong/woe, strong/fee and proficient/feeble. Owned by secondaries but doesn't seem to make major difference yet.
Decent price - young Solids seem to be going at around the £1.2-1.5M mark, from what I've seen.

It'll be interesting to see how your bowling attack fares this season - gut feeling suggests that you'd concede runs at a fair rate, but have a decent chance of bowling teams out. Decent strike rates (as a unit) but rubbish economy.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Decent price - young Solids seem to be going at around the £1.2-1.5M mark, from what I've seen.

It'll be interesting to see how your bowling attack fares this season - gut feeling suggests that you'd concede runs at a fair rate, but have a decent chance of bowling teams out. Decent strike rates (as a unit) but rubbish economy.
Most of the batting line ups are competent or mediorce so im not that worried this season. Next season it could be a big issue, but im about to give my number bowler a fielding net within a month, so that help. Also all my bowlers are getting trained so atleast four should have better cons by next season.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marvin Bertos (322964)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A cautious player with superb leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: Team Mullet
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 106,390
Wages: £27,919 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: exceptional Concentration: masterful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: superb
Fielding: superb

Got him :D

Gives me a good chance of maybe promoting this season now.
Nice one and yea very good chance for you to promote. You gonna train them at all?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
On the subject, what affects strike rates and economy rates? I know mentality must contribute, but which of bowling and consistency contribute more to strike rate and vice-versa?

Thanks for any help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.