• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would win a test series between England and West Indies if play started tomorrow?

Who would win?

• Total voters

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
They are the second best team in the world by a pretty clear margin. Yea, they lost 5-0, but SA lost 6-0, and Pakistan lost 3-0 to them too.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm not as embarrassed as England should be given their performances in Australia
So who pray tell is the #2 team in the world?

Its not Pakistan.
Its not South Africa.
It's certainly not India, New Zealand, Sri Lanka or West Indies.

Bangladesh?

Fiery

Banned
So who pray tell is the #2 team in the world?

Its not Pakistan.
Its not South Africa.
It's certainly not India, New Zealand, Sri Lanka or West Indies.

Bangladesh?
Pakistan or South Africa or NZ or Sri Lanka will all kill England in a test series right now

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Pakistan or South Africa or NZ or Sri Lanka will all kill England in a test series right now
Pakistan with Shoaib healthy and not insane, and Asif have a shot, but none of the others do. And even vs. Pakistan, I'd pick England 3 out of 5 times.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
i dont understand why some people bring up past results in threads like these
hes obviously meant current form!!

west indeis will murder england in tests and odi's right now

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
i dont understand why some people bring up past results in threads like these
hes obviously meant current form!!

west indeis will murder england in tests and odi's right now
SO whats West Indies test form right now? They lost to INdia at home. India, who cannot win anywhere to save their souls. And then traveled to Pakistan and lost again.

What exactly gives you that confidence about West Indies?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay Fiery I am with you on the fact that no England are not, at the moment, the second best team in the world. But they certainly are better than the West Indies, WI are by far the worst test team out of the top 8 at the moment.

Also, yes England at the moment are not the second best team (yes maybe 3-4 months ago but not now), because they are clearly demoralized and if they were to face any other opposition such as Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, and India... they would not win the series. And I am not afraid to say that because I know we cannot outline their current form by looking at results over the past year. For majority of the past year and a half they played amazing and deserved the second spot, but sorry to say not now. They are, once again, clearly demoralized and imo a very vulnerable team at the moment.

But to say West Indies would beat them is quite absurd. This current West Indian team can't win a Test for beans against any of the other top 7 nations. Heck, not even Newzealand would beat them.

EDIT: I am talking about Tests, btw, in ODIs England are pure pure pure crap. I would love to see a match between them and Bangladesh at the moment, like literally.

Last edited: