• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A Career high 27points, and 11 boards from Bogut as led the Bucks to victory. Thats his 11th double-double of the year, great stuff from the big fella :)
He's been their only in form player during their losing streak. The Bucks have struggled with injuries to 3 key players. Bogut has stod up, but he can't do it all on his own.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
So let me come out right away and say I'm still bitter about the Mavs losing to the Heat last year. I understand that the Mavs have primarily themselves to blame, but I'm still not over the hands-off treatment the refs accorded to Wade. They treated him like he was Jordan/Bird/Magic combined. And they still are. Look at the video below for proof. I mean, let him win a few more championships before putting him in the Jordan category refs!!!! :ranting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aySGUzzxjGE

As you said, you are still bitter.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Right !!! Like he has won championships everywhere else. :unsure: :unsure:
exactly...i think it's a bad move....i don't think they need him, i really don't see how he fits into their scheme of things even with the more up-tempo style that flip saunders has introduced...

Dravid

International Captain
exactly...i think it's a bad move....i don't think they need him, i really don't see how he fits into their scheme of things even with the more up-tempo style that flip saunders has introduced...
We are a passing team, and Webber brings that to the table. He's been awful so far this season, but so was Big Ben and then he kicked it up outta nowhere. Sheed will now play 5, and Webber will play 4...and this is a much much better front court than Tay Sheed and Nazr

And I have no idea what up tempo style you are talking about. This is our game.

Chauncey brings the ball up, waits for 10 seconds to find an open man, if he can't he uses a pick and roll, and usually we use up most of the clock.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
We are a passing team, and Webber brings that to the table. He's been awful so far this season, but so was Big Ben and then he kicked it up outta nowhere. Sheed will now play 5, and Webber will play 4...and this is a much much better front court than Tay Sheed and Nazr

Chauncey brings the ball up, waits for 10 seconds to find an open man, if he can't he uses a pick and roll, and usually we use up most of the clock.
the fact that he has put more emphasis on the pistons' offense in the past two seasons? the grinding, smothering style of winning by making the other team score less than you(the completely defense-oriented approach by larry brown) is much less evident now...the fact that they are still a very good defensive team is because the starters and some of the reserves are basically all excellent defenders....and by up-tempo i didn't actually mean they are playing suns basketball, just a much faster pace than that of a couple of years ago....:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member

as for webber, hope he can take it up a notch or two but i don't see his addition helping detroit to another championship....and at this stage in his career, he is a pretty poor defender which is one of the reasons why i was surprised that he went to the pistons....

Dravid

International Captain
I'll agree, it is faster than before. But still, we are a pretty slow team.

There was interest from the Suns for Webber, but he was never going there. He was going to be awful there for obvious reasons. They are a crappy defensive teams, but he could never keep up with the pace. I just hope it works out for him in Detroit.

Dravid

International Captain
Anyway, news out of Detroit is, one of the big man are going to be traded to make room for Webber. That list should and will exclude Jason Maxiell, who if gets traded away, I will almost cry. That means either Dale Davis, McDyess, or Mohammad will be traded. Rumors also have it, toronto are looking to trade Mo Pete, and Minn is looking to trade Jaric, so Pistons could be dealing with one of those today or tomorrow

Fusion

Global Moderator
As you said, you are still bitter.
I swallowed that bitter pill and it still tastes sour dammit! I need to be wearing a NBA Champs t-shirt. I need to believe that my team didn't choke spectacularly. I need to blame someone. The Refs. It has to be the evil Refs. They will face my wrath! I will seek my vengeance!!

If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us,
do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I swallowed that bitter pill and it still tastes sour dammit! I need to be wearing a NBA Champs t-shirt. I need to believe that my team didn't choke spectacularly. I need to blame someone. The Refs. It has to be the evil Refs. They will face my wrath! I will seek my vengeance!!

If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us,
do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
actually bitter and sour are two distinctly different tastes...:ph34r:

Dravid

International Captain
Anyone see the new Webber jersey on NBA.com. I swear to god #84 looks so ugly. Oh well still going to get it

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:( Cavaliers go down by 5 to the Sonics. Poor shooting in the last quarter really let them down

Fusion

Global Moderator
Impressive victory by Mavs over Rockets last night. Mavs have now won 18 or their last 19 games. T-Mac was awsome for most of the game (45 pts), until the crucial 4th quarter. The Mavs started to defend him better, by rotating different defenders on him. They denied him touches and Houston's offense stalled. Dirk had his usual solid game with 30 points. Can we start the playoffs now? :)

Dravid

International Captain
Is it just me, or does Tim Duncan get dunked on too much these days. Anyone see that slam by Kobe?