• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top catch from Ponting that. TBH though, i'd love to see him return to field in the Covers, Cover Point area like he did before he took over the captaincy. Having Ponting, Symonds & Clarke lurking at Mid-off to Point would be fantastic.

:laugh: Mahmood gone, Ponting should bring Warne on next over imo.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
didnt think u could do worse than adelaide, but this england team never cease to amaze me
This isn't worse than Adelaide. In Adelaide we lost out of fear of losing, which is just a criminal thing to allow to happen. Here we're losing out of apathy, which is equally inexcusable, but slightly more understandable given the circumstances.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FFS Ponting, let Warne bowl instead of Lee. BTW, was the Army singing Waltzing Matilda just now?

Craig

World Traveller
WTF, this is incredible. I was having breakfast, come up and turn the TV and computer and I see this. Heck Zimbabwe and Bangladesh have shown more fight then England.

Craig

World Traveller
FFS Ponting, let Warne bowl instead of Lee. BTW, was the Army singing Waltzing Matilda just now?
Yeah they have been doing it all Test.

Great four by Harmison, he may as well have a slog. And Symonds misfields, that has to be more rare then a Indian Test series away from home (:p).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This isn't worse than Adelaide. In Adelaide we lost out of fear of losing, which is just a criminal thing to allow to happen. Here we're losing out of apathy, which is equally inexcusable, but slightly more understandable given the circumstances.
Too true. In Adelaide England stole defeat from the clutches of safety. England allowed themselves to lose that game. England have been beaten here.