• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Memorable Sporting Moment

Langeveldt

Soutie
- Allan Donald v Mike Atherton at Trent Bridge (1998)

- England 2 for 4 at Johannesburg (1999)

- Makhaya Ntini's 6-60 and Allan Donald's 300th test wicket v NZ at Bloemfontein

- Personally, my 80* at number eight against Richard Huish college was my most memorable sporting moment, along with my 34 and 6-28 in the same match against Blagdon Hill.. (which we got stuffed in)

PY

International Coach
England 4 Holland 1.

Total spanking.

England 2 Scotland 0.

Paul Gascoigne scoring that masterful goal will stick in the memory forever.

Manchester United 2 Bayern Munich 1

Anyone who knows about this game will not need to know why I've picked it. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Kelly Holmes' Gold medal tonight will live long in the memory.

Don't think I'll ever forget any of those penalty shootouts, either.

Langeveldt

Soutie
As for sporting memories I remember but would rather forget :(

Allan Donald at Edgbaston in 1999.

SA's WC exit in 2003 in the rain

AAD pulling up for the final time against the Aussies in Jo'burg

Getting hit for 5 consecutive sixes in a prep school match

Southgate and Batty's penalty misses

Stephen Fleming's 100 against SA in the WC 2003. I can't remember seeing another batsman looking as invincible as Fleming did that night.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Norway 2 Brazil 1 fades pretty quickly in that, I'll guess.

Still, we'll live long on knocking England out of the 94 World Cup.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
*Brian Lara's 153 n.o against Australia in 1999 to win the 3rd Test.
*In that same Test, Courtney Walsh going out there to bat.
* When Jamaica qualified for the World Cup '98 after drawing with Mexico.
*When Hank Aaron hit his 715th homer.
*When the Atlanta Braves won the '95 World Series.
*Whenever the Atlanta Braves win their division which is now heading for the 13th straight time this season with a sizeable lead and just over a month to play.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Kieran Perkins Gold in Atlanta 1996 for the 1500m swimming is one of my personal favourites. Considered no chance after just scraping into Lane 8 for the final he came home to take out the gold. I had to watch whatever crap came on TV for 15 minutes after the race so that my parents didn't see me crying! haha

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Son Of Coco said:
I think Kieran Perkins Gold in Atlanta 1996 for the 1500m swimming is one of my personal favourites. Considered no chance after just scraping into Lane 8 for the final he came home to take out the gold. I had to watch whatever crap came on TV for 15 minutes after the race so that my parents didn't see me crying! haha
its funny that the olympics is on right now, yet not many people have mentioned olympic moments.....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer perkins gold medal from lane 8 is way up there, for being there last years gold medal for the womens water poolo side was unbelievable atmosphere.

even rickypontings innings in the last world cup final was very good. there are so many sporting achievements that u can not remember.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
bugssy said:
even rickypontings innings in the last world cup final was very good. there are so many sporting achievements that u can not remember.
!!!!!

How could I forget!?! That innings is stamped violently on my brain. I will always remember it. :happy: :)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
for my own achievements there are a couple i guess,

* making the nsw under 15's and u17' and just missing the tour to england with injury
* winning the state titles for mens 3's in indoor cricket (2004)
* hitting my highest ever score in a semi final to win the game (179*)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
my personal ones would be
- my highest scores in cricket (92, 90)
- Making the ACT under 18's indoor team and went to adelaide
- the best ever game of cricket i played (49 and 6/20)
- playing junior rep rugby league in 1996
- being in the top 8 for badminton for under 18 in ACT