• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Back to CM, looks like another 2nd place for me, Arsenal have won 13 from 13 so far... I'm miles ahead of 3rd meanwhile, about 10 points, and defending champions Leeds are 7th.

Also have a ridiculously tough 2nd group stage of the Champions League, it's me Barcelona, Lazio, Bayern. Won 6 out of 6 in the first group stage, but started the second with a 4-2 loss away at Lazio.

ash chaulk

International Captain
graham arnold resigned and chaulk takes over. wins the asian cup and joins the aussie hall of fame after being in charge for a month HAHAH. also one place above relegation in the premier with west brom after 15 games ooooo

gio

U19 Cricketer
Anyone ever managed in the French lower leagues? Currently managing as Reims in League 2 (FM 07). I'm top after 33 games, 8 points clear of 4th, therefore automatic promotion should *hopefully* be confirmed soon.

Managed to pull off a bit of a coup by snapping up boyhood Reims fan Robby Pires. To be honest, he's been a bit dissapointing...

On another note, I've just applied to that expert eleven thing. Looking forward to it!

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
on the verge of beating Arsenal in the Carling Cup 3rd Round which is a big deal to me seeing as though i cant beat them in fact the last game agaonst them was a 9-2 defeat :( so far its Daniel "the gun" Sturridge who is the difference scoring the only one in the 88th minute (from 30 yards i might add

Wait i have just won the match :D and what do you know Daniel "The Gun" Sturridge is MOTM :D in EPL news im 3rd and on an unbeaten run but only 9 games have been played so hmmm (btw im Man City ;))

DCC_legend

International Regular
Anyone ever managed in the French lower leagues?
Yep. Managed FC Martigues on CM 99/00 and got them from the National to the French 1st. Had some gun players but can only Remeber Ali Benabia. Managed to play with the same team on FM07 but have had limited success.

gio

U19 Cricketer
I like France because work permits for the young African players aren't a problem.
Thats all well and good if your board allow you to scout Africa!

Started my first season in Ligue 1 very badly - it's taken me until game no.8 to get my first win. My squad is basically the same squad that got me promoted last season, with a few bosmans and loan signings. Paying money for players is a bit of a problem - my board gave me a measly £70k transfer budget, most of which has been spent on replacing my backroom staff.

Hoping my 3-1 win away to St. Etienne can kick start my season. But I'll be jumping ship as soon as I get a better offer!

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'm hoping to jump ship too with Albacete who I got promoted to the Primera Liga. Season's started well so maybe by January I'll get an offer from a big club in Spain or Italy or a fairly big to big club in England. Would hopefully set the contract to the come into effect at the end of the season. Don't think it'd be right to get them promoted and then leave midseason. Of course though this is all speculation and I'll inform you how it goes as I'll start playing it again soon.

gio

U19 Cricketer
I'm hoping to jump ship too with Albacete who I got promoted to the Primera Liga. Season's started well so maybe by January I'll get an offer from a big club in Spain or Italy or a fairly big to big club in England. Would hopefully set the contract to the come into effect at the end of the season. Don't think it'd be right to get them promoted and then leave midseason. Of course though this is all speculation and I'll inform you how it goes as I'll start playing it again soon.
Can you do that? It would be great if you could!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Back to CM, looks like another 2nd place for me, Arsenal have won 13 from 13 so far... I'm miles ahead of 3rd meanwhile, about 10 points, and defending champions Leeds are 7th.

Also have a ridiculously tough 2nd group stage of the Champions League, it's me Barcelona, Lazio, Bayern. Won 6 out of 6 in the first group stage, but started the second with a 4-2 loss away at Lazio.
TREBLE.

The wheels fell off at Arsenal quite majorly after I went to Highbury and won 4-1, they ended up with only 78 points which isn't very many considering they had 39 after 13. I won the league with six games left and finished on 102 points.

The FA Cup was a rather straightforward affair, many of the big Premiership clubs drew each other which helped, won every game easily, although I did need a replay to dispose of Liverpool in the quarters. Won the replay convincingly, 4-1. Beat Chelsea 2-0 in the final.

The Champions League was a bit more difficult, just scraped out of the second group phase (which contained Barcelona, Lazio, and Hertha BSC - not Bayern, dunno where I got that from in the original post). Needed a draw or win away at the Nou Camp in the sixth game to go through. Was 1-0 down at half time, however a blistering second half display saw me win 5-1, Ruud with a hattrick.

The quarters brought PSV who were easily disposed off, before drawing Lazio in the semis. They had a favourable record against me in the group stages, and they looked favourites going in to the second leg having snatched two away goals in a 2-2 draw at OT. Matters weren't helped by Keane, Scholes, and Giggs all being unavailable, meaning Chadwick had to be trusted in central midfield. He wasn't to be trusted for long however, after getting himself sent off. However, despite the injuries and being down to ten men, we somehow won 3-1 and were through to a second final in two years.

Bayern were our opponents, four years after we had defeated them in 1999 to win the Treble. This time, however, we were never behind, Ruud and Giggs giving us a 2-0 lead at HT. Bayern fought back though, and, by FT and despite me dominating, had got the score back to 2-2. Penalties would have meant an English club against a German club and almost certain defeat (never won a penalty shootout on this particular save game). However the need for penalties was averted when, in the 116th minute, Andy Cole grabbed a golden goal, and United had completed the Treble for the second time in five seasons.

Tom Halsey was knighted soon afterwards for services to football.

gio

U19 Cricketer
TREBLE.

The wheels fell off at Arsenal quite majorly after I went to Highbury and won 4-1, they ended up with only 78 points which isn't very many considering they had 39 after 13. I won the league with six games left and finished on 102 points.

The FA Cup was a rather straightforward affair, many of the big Premiership clubs drew each other which helped, won every game easily, although I did need a replay to dispose of Liverpool in the quarters. Won the replay convincingly, 4-1. Beat Chelsea 2-0 in the final.

The Champions League was a bit more difficult, just scraped out of the second group phase (which contained Barcelona, Lazio, and Hertha BSC - not Bayern, dunno where I got that from in the original post). Needed a draw or win away at the Nou Camp in the sixth game to go through. Was 1-0 down at half time, however a blistering second half display saw me win 5-1, Ruud with a hattrick.

The quarters brought PSV who were easily disposed off, before drawing Lazio in the semis. They had a favourable record against me in the group stages, and they looked favourites going in to the second leg having snatched two away goals in a 2-2 draw at OT. Matters weren't helped by Keane, Scholes, and Giggs all being unavailable, meaning Chadwick had to be trusted in central midfield. He wasn't to be trusted for long however, after getting himself sent off. However, despite the injuries and being down to ten men, we somehow won 3-1 and were through to a second final in two years.

Bayern were our opponents, four years after we had defeated them in 1999 to win the Treble. This time, however, we were never behind, Ruud and Giggs giving us a 2-0 lead at HT. Bayern fought back though, and, by FT and despite me dominating, had got the score back to 2-2. Penalties would have meant an English club against a German club and almost certain defeat (never won a penalty shootout on this particular save game). However the need for penalties was averted when, in the 116th minute, Andy Cole grabbed a golden goal, and United had completed the Treble for the second time in five seasons.

Tom Halsey was knighted soon afterwards for services to football.
Haha, controversial no doubt...

Did you make any intersting signings? Did Sir T Halsey retire from football after the historic season?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
YAAARGHHHH, this game can quite simply be the most frustrating thing in the history of man kind. I mean, ffs, 5 straight years in Ukraine, and for the 1st 4, i drew Shakhtar or Dinamo Kiev in the first or 2nd round, and now this season, i draw Metalurg D, the 3rd strongest team!!!!!!!! Then....leading 3-0, 50 minutes into the match, with defensive tactics, my defence, and my goalkeeper produce the biggest ****ups in the history of FM07 and give away 2 penalties, miss a regulation save, and let in another relatively simple goal, so that i lose 4-3 in extra time. :@:@:@:@:@:@
Well, after that outburst, Spartak IF went from strength to strength, and with the final quarter of the season coming up we were sitting in 4th place. Then highly intelligent chairman of the club decides to accept an offer of 1.3m for our star left midfielder (who ftr, was far and away the best player all season in the league, and for my team) because he thought it was 'too good to refuse' despite the fact that his value was 1m :@ :@. With that, along with the boards refusal to help build new training facilities despite the fact that we had the funds to do it, i resigned from the club at seasons end.

As a 30y/o manager with no footballing background, and only 4 seasons of managerial experience under my belt, i unsuccessfully applied for jobs left right and centre, and finally Burghausen, who were 13th in 2nd division, and in financial trouble, took the gamble. The gamble payed dividends for them, as after 1 season in the drivers seat, Manager Clapham had them promoted to the German First Division, and the club out of its financial difficulties.

Burghausen currently sit 10th in the German First Division at the midpoint of the season, and hopefully we can stay mid-table, and lay the foundation for a top 4 finish next season.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Haha, controversial no doubt...

Did you make any intersting signings? Did Sir T Halsey retire from football after the historic season?
No tbh, same side that came 3rd the season before, except Ronny Johnsen was accidentally lost to Arsenal on the Bosman, and as a result Taribo West was brought in to replace him. Just had a random gun season.

Sir T Halsey has no intentions of retiring. :p

Agent TBY

International Captain
Managing Citeh, using the July update with Tapani patch 3.10.

Signed Crouch, Defoe, Anthony Gardner, Skjelbred from Rosenborg, Shaun Wright-Phillips (for 1.8mil pounds, over 24 months :laugh:), Molinaro from Juventus, and Djourou from Arsenal.

All the above transfers were conducted with 24 month installments, so I'm only spending 11mil this season for all those players. Pretty gun stuff, really.

Also loaned Mikel Jon Obi and Diarra from Chelsea and Diaby from Arsenal who chose Marseille over me when it came to actual purchasing. Currently second, 11 points behind Chelsea and tied with Liverpool, for whom Fernando Torres is hitting a purple patch.

Oh, getting Sissoko on a bosman at the end of the season, so that answers TT Boy's question in the English football thread. Most likely to go = Sissoko. :happy:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Started a West Ham game with the July update but didn't Tapanify it.

Spent 9.5M in transfers. Harry Kewell for 4.7m, Juan Franco Ferrari for 775k, Daniele Berretta for 925k and Denilson for 3m.
Denilson has been gun actually - 24 games, 14 goals, 12 assists with an 8.00 avg rating.

Currently 3rd 6 points behind Man Utd and 3 behind Chelsea. Into the League Cup Semis and got a 4th round FA cup tie coming up.