• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

ash chaulk

International Captain
hey guys just bought FM 07... when starting out unemployed is it best to select all leagues or just a few. dont want the game to go forever but yeah whats best?

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
hey guys just bought FM 07... when starting out unemployed is it best to select all leagues or just a few. dont want the game to go forever but yeah whats best?
tbh i depends on your computer and stuff if you have a bigger hard drive or something you can play more leagues without it lagging to much but if you dont have that much space limit it to 3 leagues but for your first game i recommend you do the league your most comfortable with and start with your favourite team so you can get a feel for the game

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Starting in the A-League is a good step imo, not as involved as any of the Euro league teams. I Started with the Roar, did a season, scrapped that game, and now gunning it with Spartak IF in the Ukrainian High League (H).

Promoted after 2 seasons in the First League, and currently sitting 9th, despite being relegation favourites at the start of the season. I've managed to pick up an awesome 19y/o striker from Bulgaria, for next to nothing, same with a 17y/o Romanian DM, and a 17y/o Croatian Right Wing/Back

ash chaulk

International Captain
ok so ive fiddled around for a season. gone in unemployed BUT of course i used to play at an international level. Applied for the job at West Brom and they said Hey you used to awesome come manage us back to the premiership. 10 games in i sit in 2nd spot behind Southhampton by 4 points. Signed Warnock for liverpool and Murphy on a free. Also grabbed a few premiership reserves on loan to help out. Davies has decided to become siere leonen and my offers for Archie Thompson and Josh Kennedy continue to be accepted and then rejected come contract time. England just aint the right place for those guys atm. Any guns i should look for in my first season?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Sherman Cardenas usually comes good and a decent pacey stirker plays for Nottingham Forest. Don't remember his name off hand but he's young and should be the paciest there.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Oh his name is Nathan Tyson. You might want to look into players that are not signed by any team. You may find a couple guys there, usually older players, who can provide decent cover at least.

Johnners

ok so ive fiddled around for a season. gone in unemployed BUT of course i used to play at an international level. Applied for the job at West Brom and they said Hey you used to awesome come manage us back to the premiership. 10 games in i sit in 2nd spot behind Southhampton by 4 points. Signed Warnock for liverpool and Murphy on a free. Also grabbed a few premiership reserves on loan to help out. Davies has decided to become siere leonen and my offers for Archie Thompson and Josh Kennedy continue to be accepted and then rejected come contract time. England just aint the right place for those guys atm. Any guns i should look for in my first season?
Your offers for Thompson & Kennedy are most likely being rejected because you have nothing left of your Transfer budget? :)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Playing CM06, spent 6 seasons at Bradford and took them to 3rd in the premiership thanks to some young gun Portugese and Italians (and a few Africans). Decided I'd done as much as I could at Bradford, so I applied for the job at Inter, who'd sacked their coach due to getting relegated (wtf?) and am currently killing Serie B.

Johnners

YAAARGHHHH, this game can quite simply be the most frustrating thing in the history of man kind. I mean, ffs, 5 straight years in Ukraine, and for the 1st 4, i drew Shakhtar or Dinamo Kiev in the first or 2nd round, and now this season, i draw Metalurg D, the 3rd strongest team!!!!!!!! Then....leading 3-0, 50 minutes into the match, with defensive tactics, my defence, and my goalkeeper produce the biggest ****ups in the history of FM07 and give away 2 penalties, miss a regulation save, and let in another relatively simple goal, so that i lose 4-3 in extra time. :@:@:@:@:@:@

Last edited:

ash chaulk

International Captain
YAAARGHHHH, this game can quite simply be the most frustrating thing in the history of man kind. I mean, ffs, 5 straight years in Ukraine, and for the 1st 4, i drew Shakhtar or Dinamo Kiev in the first or 2nd round, and now this season, i draw Metalurg D, the 3rd strongest team!!!!!!!! Then....leading 3-0, 50 minutes into the match, with defensive tactics, my defence, and my goalkeeper produce the biggest ****ups in the history of FM07 and give away 2 penalties, miss a regulation save, and let in another relatively simple goal, so that i lose 4-3 in extra time. :@:@:@:@:@:@
oh dear... in other news i won the championship with my west brom team.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Got the old CM01/02 out today realised just what a game it is. Started as United to get back in the swing, had realistic hopes of a Treble going in to May, but lost both cup finals (despite having the better of both games) and screwed up the league on the last day of the season. :laugh:

gio

U19 Cricketer
Got the old CM01/02 out today realised just what a game it is. Started as United to get back in the swing, had realistic hopes of a Treble going in to May, but lost both cup finals (despite having the better of both games) and screwed up the league on the last day of the season. :laugh:
Great game CM 01/02. Had some epic games on that, including my (almost) 10 yr old Posh game. Did the old thing, that seems ten-a-penny now, of taking them from the depths of professional football to the top of Europe. Great fun...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Meh, this should be a good thread to advertise in - in case not everyone reads every thread in Off Topic, specifically this thread

Anyway, a few Webheads are currently testing their managerial capabilities in the online game Xpert Eleven. While the tactics are slightly more constrained than in FM/CM, you can get quite immersed, and the training system is a lot easier to grasp and get results from. Feel free to join our league (77168); you can be competitive in your first season (as Mitchell will attest to; after 2.5 seasons of inactivity and general rot his team went unbeaten for eight games once he found out it was worth logging in). The new season starts sometime next week. :)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh, this should be a good thread to advertise in - in case not everyone reads every thread in Off Topic, specifically this thread

Anyway, a few Webheads are currently testing their managerial capabilities in the online game Xpert Eleven. While the tactics are slightly more constrained than in FM/CM, you can get quite immersed, and the training system is a lot easier to grasp and get results from. Feel free to join our league (77168); you can be competitive in your first season (as Mitchell will attest to; after 2.5 seasons of inactivity and general rot his team went unbeaten for eight games once he found out it was worth logging in). The new season starts sometime next week. :)
its great!

ash chaulk

International Captain

worth the challenge boys.!