• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i dont think ill ever buy another FM/CM game again, nothing can compete with CM 01/02, i enjoyed 03/04 for a while because it was completely new but every version since have only basic changes and dont make them worth buying...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Yeah but on what about the playing side of things during the matches?
Not sure what you mean there...

You can give pre-match, half-time and full-time team talks...

Other then that really during the match most things are the same i think...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
i dont think ill ever buy another FM/CM game again, nothing can compete with CM 01/02, i enjoyed 03/04 for a while because it was completely new but every version since have only basic changes and dont make them worth buying...
Oh i dont know Sim... This new version certainly has alot of Pros about it... The Scouting is so much better it leaves anything from any other version in its wake.. Interaction has also changed... From asking players for their thoughts on who to sign to saying how you feel about thier recent performances.. Also being able to unsettle players who you wish to sign... All these add things that none of the other games had...

Craig

World Traveller
Fair enough, I will just have to wait and play for it myself.

Rotherham would be an interesting challenge in League One since they recently when into Administration for because of such bad debt, signing players would be very tricky.

Craig

World Traveller
Blewy said:
Oh i dont know Sim... This new version certainly has alot of Pros about it... The Scouting is so much better it leaves anything from any other version in its wake.. Interaction has also changed... From asking players for their thoughts on who to sign to saying how you feel about thier recent performances.. Also being able to unsettle players who you wish to sign... All these add things that none of the other games had...
There was a big difference between CM 03/04 and FM05 but that obviously was because of the change in publishers/makers of the game.

Personally I found CM 03/04 to be too slow.

Simon

Blewy said:
most of those things are novelties which wont get used that much. The biggest improvement that was made from the early CM games though was the international management shortlist and being able to create friendlies for internationals yourself. The rest is pretty basic...
I was playing a bit of FM the other day now my retirement is over but i couldnt get into it...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
most of those things are novelties which wont get used that much. The biggest improvement that was made from the early CM games though was the international management shortlist and being able to create friendlies for internationals yourself. The rest is pretty basic...
I was playing a bit of FM the other day now my retirement is over but i couldnt get into it...
I dont see how scouting is a novelty... If you start in a low division its the Key to success.. Obviously if you start with a high profile club it has less of an impact but IMO its a crucial part of the game...

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
Spot on. Especially as you can get very good updates/patches for it to make it current.

Simon

Matteh said:
Spot on. Especially as you can get very good updates/patches for it to make it current.
imo it would be perfect if CM 01/02 was re released with an all new database and so the game started now with updated tournament changes like no second ground stage in the CL, Australia in Asia etc...

Matteh

broncoman said:
imo it would be perfect if CM 01/02 was re released with an all new database and so the game started now with updated tournament changes like no second ground stage in the CL, Australia in Asia etc...
You can get it to be a fully updated database. I think the CL has been updated. But things like the A League aren't really high enough priority to bother getting the league system updated i think, which is a shame.

Simon

Matteh said:
You can get it to be a fully updated database. I think the CL has been updated. But things like the A League aren't really high enough priority to bother getting the league system updated i think, which is a shame.
yeh its pretty annoying, but what i dont like about all those new databases is that there have been so much changes since the original database you just cant sign maybe players in the first season of a new game because they have just joined the club...

Matteh

broncoman said:
yeh its pretty annoying, but what i dont like about all those new databases is that there have been so much changes since the original database you just cant sign maybe players in the first season of a new game because they have just joined the club...
Fair enough. I've only played as bottom of the conference teams with no money, so been scouring the free transfers.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i have a game on fm07 that i play but also fm06 and cm03/04 which i rate as one of the better versions. i have a lower league gamethat i play and its quality. enjoying it big time.

Matteh

Craig said:
Isn't that what those update patches do?
Pretty much. Takes the guy who writes the patch ages to get tournament details changed. He managed to get the English leagues renamed to how they are now. I'd give a full and better list but i've not played CM for a month or two now really.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
So just got FM07 today.

It interesting. I like the random job button. I pressed it and I am playing as Wrexham. Oh well, at least low expectations but 10 000 GBP transfer budget is pretty weak.

Brought in 6 players for 5 grand. Including the like of Paul Jones (always liked him) and Nick Rizzo. Doing ok in mid table.

Anyway, the game

The Good
- The speed. The loading times have been slashed. It almost doent feel like a CM/FM game in this regard.
- Scouting. The scouting system is excellent. Far more detail and a lot easier to access and compare.
- Adding own picture to profile. Nice to be in the game.

The Bad
- Injuries any one? I have a small squad and we started the season brilliantly. I now have 9, yes count 'em 9, first team squad players injured. The last few games have been a nightmare. No leftback, No DM, and 2 talentless teenagers playing upfront. Last game I also had 3 suspensions.
- Blank pictures. I know Ill be able to download photopacks, but there are far too many blank pictures for players. Its already getting annoying.

Overall, looking forward to investing a fair bit of time in this.